SASS Wire Forum

A Top Shot Rant

Blue Steel Duke

I don't have a problem with him being a golf pro at all. But, the problem I have with him is his "little man syndrome" obnoxious arrogant attitude. Call me silly, but I don't like folks who act like a jerk. :rolleyes:

Hey Mayobard,

If this were Facebook, I'd press the "Like" link.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Can you imagine the entire crew being made up of cowboy shooters? We come from all walks of life; weve got young to old who do or have done everything under the sun and most of us have shot a bunch of different disciplines before or during our CAS obsession. Many of us probably have an AR, 1911, Colt new service, triple lock S&W, 10-22, Sharps, muzzle loader, air gun, compound bow, tomahawk,blowgun etc in our inventory.

The conflict factor would drop through the floor, they'd probably have to remarket it as a comedy shooting show and put a disclaimer on it to make sure you dont try this at home. We'd have chuckwagon cook offs, poker nights, campfires, clandestine cigar smoking sessions out behind the big house and the sounds of spurs in the background audio. Terror in Tiny Town, Tombstone and ElDorado would be on TV 24/7. Logos on hats would be nowhere in sight while sneakers would be swapped for moccassins and of course someone would walk around in their union suit with the flap unbuttoned making video blurring a must. The only "bleeping" you'd hear is when someone spilled their bourbon or found their cowboy hat full of shaving cream. The producers would go apesh*t and threaten everyone with being fired if they didnt get mean. The response would require more bleeping and we'd all go back to heckling whoever was shooting or relating how they met their spouse.

FWIW I'd really like to see Glock give Terror the time off to go on the show.

i would watch that.. lol.. heck I would love to be a part of it.. but I would be very happy to just watch it too. My favorite part of the shooting would be the humor.. I know some are no as keen on hecking,.. but I find it funny.. In MO Noz would ask me for my line and I could never deliver it right from stage one.. lol. by stage 4 I am pretty much so full of humor that I lose track of directions for the patterns.. lol.. I love to shoot, but focus is not a part of my life past work.. I do not take it real serious I guess.. lol.. Now my job, my family life I do take serious, and I work hard on those.. but my fun.. now that is suppose to be fun right? lol Hmmm what hat should I wear? lol

Can you imagine the entire crew being made up of cowboy shooters? We come from all walks of life; weve got young to old who do or have done everything under the sun and most of us have shot a bunch of different disciplines before or during our CAS obsession. Many of us probably have an AR, 1911, Colt new service, triple lock S&W, 10-22, Sharps, muzzle loader, air gun, compound bow, tomahawk,blowgun etc in our inventory.

The conflict factor would drop through the floor, they'd probably have to remarket it as a comedy shooting show and put a disclaimer on it to make sure you dont try this at home. We'd have chuckwagon cook offs, poker nights, campfires, clandestine cigar smoking sessions out behind the big house and the sounds of spurs in the background audio. Terror in Tiny Town, Tombstone and ElDorado would be on TV 24/7. Logos on hats would be nowhere in sight while sneakers would be swapped for moccassins and of course someone would walk around in their union suit with the flap unbuttoned making video blurring a must. The only "bleeping" you'd hear is when someone spilled their bourbon or found their cowboy hat full of shaving cream. The producers would go apesh*t and threaten everyone with being fired if they didnt get mean. The response would require more bleeping and we'd all go back to heckling whoever was shooting or relating how they met their spouse.

FWIW I'd really like to see Glock give Terror the time off to go on the show.

I think you just hit on the ideas that will bring back "Cowboys"!

I think you just hit on the ideas that will bring back "Cowboys"!

Guess us Cowboys will just have to make our own video and put it on here!!!

With over 90,000 members you would think some sports channel would pick up a bit of the "action"???

I mean people watch others on TV look a 3 houses then pick one to buy???

Thanks;

KK

Guess us Cowboys will just have to make our own video and put it on here!!!

With over 90,000 members you would think some sports channel would pick up a bit of the "action"???

I mean people watch others on TV look a 3 houses then pick one to buy???

Thanks;

KK

Actually only SASS HQ knows how many members there are. And they ain't sayin. ;)

I think on episode three it was mentioned that Jay was an archer and he also admitted that he has only a year of shooting experience.

I didn't like how the team leaders were chosen but the contest was fair as well as the others. I like Top Shot because I can rant that I can do a better job expecially against Athena. :wacko:

Actually only SASS HQ knows how many members there are. And they ain't sayin. ;)

Yep, that 90,000 number just represents the number of people who at one point in time sent their money in and got a number. I'd guess the active number is 1/4th of that or less.

Yep, that 90,000 number just represents the number of people who at one point in time sent their money in and got a number. I'd guess the active number is 1/4th of that or less.

I actually wondered about that myself.

I figured that was the total ever to sign up!

I guess they don't retire a number??

Even so there are still a lot of us out there.

Only wish there were more up here in Western Mass area.

Thanks

KK

Archived