SASS Wire Forum

Reagan Used A 1911 To Scare Off A Woman's Attacker

Uno Mas  SASS #80082

Grits Gresham interviewed Ronald Reagan in the Oval Office in 1983. There, Reagan related how he once used an unloaded 1911 to scare off a nurse's armed attacker. Fascinating listening.

Podcast: http://guntalk.libsyn.com/grits-gresham-reagan-interview-the-night-he-saved-a-nurse-s-life

I gotsta get a Reagan/ 1911 Commemorative slabside now!

I believe he would have done what is necessary. Sometimes I think or lack there of, that he should have made sand glow in the dark. I know that is not the ultimate solution, but what is with some people?

Interesting reading. Although in one spot it refers to a 1911, in another, it mentions a .45 revolver. I wonder which one it was.

No question though, we could use another Ronald Reagan about now. And I DON'T mean his son, Ron.

In the attached podcast of the interview, Reagan specifically says he used a 1911 given to him by a friend. And if the Gipper says it, that's good enough for me!

In the attached podcast of the interview, Reagan specifically says he used a 1911 given to him by a friend. And if the Gipper says it, that's good enough for me!

Ah, I couldn't listen to the podcast from this computer, I just going by what was written.

Ah, I couldn't listen to the podcast from this computer, I just going by what was written.

Well... There they go again. ^_^

The mainstream media always amazes - and frightens - me with their willful ignorance. And it's not just firearm, they know nothing about most everything.

When you can, pull up that podcast: it's a great listen.

The mainstream media always amazes - and frightens - me with their willful ignorance. And it's not just firearm, they know nothing about most everything.

I plan ti from home!

I plan to from home!

Archived