SASS Wire Forum

Sigh

Utah Bob #35998

If, as the story goes, she didn't bother to look up, I can see how the mistake could be made- if all she saw were the pants, cummerbund, and bottom of the shell jacket. It could be a natural mistake.

http://www.marlowwhite.com/images/entry/blue-mess-uniform.jpg

BUT

I won't give her a pass for not looking at the 'servant' and just issuing orders. Even though a good waiter will try to be invisible, I think that it is a minimum courtesy to look them in the face when asking for service from them. Even if they just sneak up and refill your water glass, you look at them and thank them.

If, as the story goes, she didn't bother to look up, I can see how the mistake could be made- if all she saw were the pants, cummerbund, and bottom of the shell jacket. It could be a natural mistake.

http://www.marlowwhite.com/images/entry/blue-mess-uniform.jpg

BUT

I won't give her a pass for not looking at the 'servant' and just issuing orders. Even though a good waiter will try to be invisible, I think that it is a minimum courtesy to look them in the face when asking for service from them. Even if they just sneak up and refill your water glass, you look at them and thank them.

Exactly. I was raised to look people in the eye when you spoke. Even lowly waiters. :angry:

Exactly. I was raised to look people in the eye when you spoke. Even lowly waiters. :angry:

Every so often I get to wondering if I'm being too hard on some of the Washington critters, maybe letting myself jump to conclusions about how stupid they are, even so far as to assuming that no one can be that stupid and really function outside the house, so it must be a mistake on my part.

Then one of them acts out their inner self in public, and I realize that my imagination is sorely limited, and that I cannot begin to comprehend just how phenomenally stupid they are, and I cry for my country.

My wife and I are fast heading towards 40 acres and a mule somewhere in Wyoming, off the grid and hunkering down.

Shadow Catcher

Heard about the story and the all I could think of was Jeff Dunham's Walter character saying dumbass. The general was a class act but she was just another world class political appointee dumbass.

If it was such a minor thing, laughed off by both parties...one wonders how it got into the press?

Was a member of the Fourth Estate lurking within earshot? Did somebody drop a dime?

Inquiring minds want to know. :huh:

Then get a poster of US military uniforms and hang it in the office of every dumba** bureaucrat in DC! :angry:

This is pretty minor compared to Barbara Boxer reaming out a military member summoned to testify for calling her "Mam" instead of "Senator".

Minor, but typical of the attitude some of these people have regarding the military.

Archived