SASS Wire Forum

Pit Bull Tex

Can you put 10 + 1 38 spl. in a 18" 66

I have not heard of an 18" 1866. Is it a carbine (round barrel)? If so, they are currently available in 16" and 19". My 19" .357 1873 will hold 11 .38's in the magazine, so a '66 should do the same (depending on OAL of the ammo of course).

Thank you very much.

Hey Pit Bull,

I can put 10 in my 1866. it is a Carbine. I have not tried to put 11. It seems tight at 10. How have you been? Have not talked to you for a while. :blush:

Painted Filly

Doing great Mrs Filly. I shot Gun Fighter the last two shoots and had a ball.

How how you been Lady Filly? the shotgun slide saved me.Thanks again.

I have been great! I bit cold at the shoots lately. I am glad that the slide is working for you. Have you been able to get to a few shoots? I am really liking my '66.

Painted Filly

I shoot 4 time a month.I am having a ball.I shoot a slicked by Nate 92 and love it.I was just looking at a 66 and a brass 92. The 92 has a 24" barrel.I had never seen a brass 92, found one on line and like it but the 24" barrle I dont like. You stay warm and have fun.

I shoot 4 time a month.I am having a ball.I shoot a slicked by Nate 92 and love it.I was just looking at a 66 and a brass 92. The 92 has a 24" barrel.I had never seen a brass 92, found one on line and like it but the 24" barrle I dont like. You stay warm and have fun.

If your going for speed the 66 will better serve you.....if you don't care as much about time either will do.

A slicked 92 by Nate will out run me.I like the looks of the 66, but when I saw the 92 brass. I like it more. I have see 73s and 66s and marlins hang up, have never seen a 92 hang up, but more people shoot the other guns.I think that the length has to be just right on the other 3. I dont know but I just like the 92.

Archived