SASS Wire Forum

Dang Santa

Grizzly Dave

he ran out of progressive presses before he got to my house, so I headed out to my shop to crank on the rock chucker for a while. I liked reloading more when the bench was in the basement with the big screen....

So anyway I cranked and cranked and cranked and put about 400 new starline cases thru the belling die. And now my shoulder hurts. Getting old sucks. That box of 1000 38 special cases all nice and shiney looks neat, until you start running them one at a time, and it never seems to be getting any emptier. Now I remember why I let them sit for a month after running them thru the resizer, dang lot of cranking.

One thing I noticed today is that the new cases give me more resistance going thru the press than old brass I've reloaded a couple of times.

Time to find some advil.

Grizz

Grizz

LIke the CSM said " buck up buttercup"

If you think 38s is bad try 44-40s when you have to trim everyone of them to length , I get the 50 meter stare going just looking at the box . Good thing you only have to do it on the first loading , they load slow but feed real smooth .

CB

Grizz

LIke the CSM said " buck up buttercup"

If you think 38s is bad try 44-40s when you have to trim everyone of them to length , I get the 50 meter stare going just looking at the box . Good thing you only have to do it on the first loading , they load slow but feed real smooth .

CB

;) Trim 44-40 cases ? B) Never heard of such a thing !!

Been shootin 44-40 wif "Holy Black" in a 1860 Henry Military rifle from day one and I aint "trimed" no cases !!! :FlagAm:

Hawk

For some reason my rifle acts like it is short chambered , they bind up a mite if I do not trim them back .

I am too cheap to have it rechambered so I trim them . (a lot cheaper don't ya know )

I use Trail Boss for most all of my main match loads , been thinking about HB ,just do not know enough about BP cartage and shotshell YET .

Chickasaw

Grizzes we need bigger socks so Santa can give us cases of bullets as stocking stuffers..

Griz, did you tumble that new brass??? I have heard for new brass to tumble it first, after that spray some horaby one shot on the brass and let them sit for awhile, just a thought to help you out

All for now JD Trampas

Hawk

For some reason my rifle acts like it is short chambered , they bind up a mite if I do not trim them back .

I am too cheap to have it rechambered so I trim them . (a lot cheaper don't ya know )

I use Trail Boss for most all of my main match loads , been thinking about HB ,just do not know enough about BP cartage and shotshell YET .

Chickasaw

Ok. Now I understood. I think ! :FlagAm: (Just funnyin' wif ya )

Shoot me a PM, I'll tell ya how I do it.

JD, no, I did not tumble, was thinking about that as I cranked away. Perhaps I'll give the rest a quick tumble before I finish belling them. I need to figure a way to watch a DVD out there while I reload, takes alot of the tediousness out of it. Maybe take out the laptop or something.

Hey Grizz, I've found unfired brass is a little tougher to size than brass that has been fired. I loaded some new 32 H&R brass for a friend and it was really stiff. It'll get better. When it warms up you get to shoot all that ammo and you can start loading again.

Hope you did not cut yourself with one of those knives.

LL'

Archived