SASS Wire Forum

Non-approved firearms?

FritoBandito

I too live in Central California -- on the Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, CA. Your group's "Professional" category sounds extremely interesting. Where is your group located -- in the valley or on the coast? Does your Professional category have written rules by chance?

My simple question really provoked some interesting responses. Some people posted or sent some of the nicest and most helpful inputs (especially the private messages) that I have ever received anywhere on-line. If SASS people are anything like these individuals it would be wonderfult to take part in a SASS event.

On the other hand I was also advised by someone to leave my beloved home state of California so that I could afford to buy new guns (nothing but a cowardly way to take a shot at CA.) Another offered a ludicrous analogy involving a beater pick-up with a six and NASCAR racing and of course there were the misplaced comments about golf clubs and ping pong paddles. Obviously all groups have their share of jerks and some get mighty brave hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet but I just don't want to deal with them when it comes to recreation. If those people are the actual face of SASS I wouldn't waste anymore time checking into it.

Thanks for your help.

You will find that SASS members are some of the nicest folks around (even the cowards like me). The point is we get lots of folks that come on here and love to stir the pot and run away….can you imagine that!? Your post seems to lead us to believe you really don’t have the desire to play with the “never will” statement.

If you are sincere my suggestion would be to attend a match and see firsthand how helpful the people are and it may change your mind. My second suggestion would be not to come on a forum that gets blasted by pot stirrers and ask for 80,000 folks to change the rules after you say you probably won’t do it anyway... not a good tactic to get help.

Last it does truly amaze me that so many folks (like yourself) say how they can’t afford CAS and run down a list of guns that cost more than you need to participate with in the first place. Did you inherited the guns or win them at a raffle? My point is most folks that have an interest in CAS can probably come up with 2K to play SASS IF they really wanted to so when they say they can’t it probably really means they don’t desire to.

If you really want to and it LOOKS that way even the most hateful folks on earth (like me) will help you out.

I think the problem was with your ORIGINAL POST (before you edited out the insulting part).

To say that you want to play but don't ever plan on buying the actual gear necessary is kinda crazy.

And like by friend IROT said, please change your name as there already is a well know and liked SASS pard with that alias.

Hope you join...it's a fun game.

:wacko:

I too live in Central California -- on the Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, CA. Your group's "Professional" category sounds extremely interesting. Where is your group located -- in the valley or on the coast? Does your Professional category have written rules by chance?

My simple question really provoked some interesting responses. Some people posted or sent some of the nicest and most helpful inputs (especially the private messages) that I have ever received anywhere on-line. If SASS people are anything like these individuals it would be wonderfult to take part in a SASS event.

On the other hand I was also advised by someone to leave my beloved home state of California so that I could afford to buy new guns (nothing but a cowardly way to take a shot at CA.) Another offered a ludicrous analogy involving a beater pick-up with a six and NASCAR racing and of course there were the misplaced comments about golf clubs and ping pong paddles. Obviously all groups have their share of jerks and some get mighty brave hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet but I just don't want to deal with them when it comes to recreation. If those people are the actual face of SASS I wouldn't waste anymore time checking into it.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Again FB,

I also tire of the shots at California. I love it here.

However, I find the analogies pertinent based on your first post. Had you said something to the effect that you did not know if you wanted to invest in guns without learning more, you would have had an entirely different reaction from the folks you felt were guilty of ludicrous and misplaced comments. They would have been "falling over" offering to loan you what you needed and welcoming you. Please reconsider the effect your comments have had on the respondants' posts here.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Again FB,

I also tire of the shots at California. I love it here.

However, I find the analogies pertinent based on your first post. Had you said something to the effect that you did not know if you wanted to invest in guns without learning more, you would have had an entirely different reaction from the folks you felt were guilty of ludicrous and misplaced comments. They would have been "falling over" offering to loan you what you needed and welcoming you. Please reconsider the effect your comments have had on the respondants' posts here.

Regards,

Allie Mo

This is what I had in mind as an answer, ........... except Miss Mo said it in a much nicer, less rude way ....

Here's what I find troubling. Ya come on the wire and right off say yer not gonna buy the guns required. OK, so where's that leave us? We got a feller interested enough to ask, but before he even starts, wanting folks to change the game to meet his desires. We got enough folks who love the game, have made the investement in time, effort and energy to learn the game, yet still would like to tweak the game for their own ways. We got other folks who made a like committment who defend the game as it is, resist rule changes, but at least they love the game and act in the spirit of the game. What we don't need is somebody who is not invested mentally or financially tryin to change the game before he even starts.

Ya might wanna rethink that stance if the game is at all attractive. Otherwise yours is a tragic position, akin to saying "I like motorcycles, but want one with doors and four wheels. HELLO! that's a CAR, go git ya one. Leave the motorcyling to those who ride motorcycles.

In every sport/game/pastime there is a buy-in, both financially and in terms of accepting the culture and rules as they are. Ours is a fantastic group of folks playing a really neat game, but we all had to make that mental and financial buy-in. Ya ain't gotta have 30 super high tech guns, but ya do have to have a basic compliment of four guns that are legal to play the game, and ya OUGHT TO have yer head "in the game", not tryin to re-make it before ya start.

Archived