SASS Wire Forum

The College Bowl Season had a less than auspicious start...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, children, we get to watch the Warshington Huskies get "husked" buy the Nebraska Corn Huskers. Last time these two teams met was in Husky Stadium in Seattle and the final outcome was 56-21. I was not a good day for the Dawgs.

What makes the BCS think this time will be any prettier?

$$$$$$$?

Today, children, we get to watch the Warshington Huskies get "husked" buy the Nebraska Corn Huskers.

It won't be pretty. Big mismatch. Oh well, I love to see that liberal, anti-military university get slam dunked.

Well, I doubt that the CROW will taste as good as some alder smoked steelhead, but I am

gonna eat it anyway. Congratulations to the Huskies for winning a game that I never dreamed they would. They done real gud.

Pass the tobasco please.

Well Badger, I'm not a Bug Eater fan (yes, Nebraska used the name Bug Eaters before they became the Corn Huskers)The Big Ten has decided that IA-NEB will be a rivalry game, so I can't say I'm sorry they lost.

Wild end to the Tenn-NC game

Well Badger, I'm not a Bug Eater fan (yes, Nebraska used the name Bug Eaters before they became the Corn Huskers)The Big Ten has decided that IA-NEB will be a rivalry game, so I can't say I'm sorry they lost.

Wild end to the Tenn-NC game

That is the truth. I will bet there will be some lively discussions over beer 'n pretzels about that one. Not very good clock managment but they got the job done for NC.

I have to say that the Big 10 is showing signs of life again. For so many years Michigan and Ohio State dominated the conference. It would be nice to see some of the other schools come fourth and make a showing. This year Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa and Penn State stepped up and even Illinois shows some spunk on occasion. They all made bowl games as a result. I am not sure that the Pac 10 can break the dominance of USC but that too would be a plus for the conference. If they had not muffed the duff, I believe that they would have had a better record this year and would be in a bowl game somewhere. :FlagAm: I am sure some of the So Cal boys will disagree with me.

Yes, and the 'other' Orygun team, the Beavers humbled Pitt. First time Pitt has been shut out in many a year.

Now it is the Ducks turn.

A Badger is a Badger, is a Badger?

I'm from Illinois tho.

Youse must be from Cheese land.

Or Land o' Lakes as it were.

:unsure:

Hey, Minnesota Rose, wake up Donny, we got another Cheese head here. :D

The Big 10 isn't faring too well today: Michigan, Michigan State, and Northwestern are losses, and Penn State is trailing Florida half way through the fourth (but this game is too tight to call).

Not a record to cherish fer sure, fer sure.

But I have said many times, that the Big 10 is not the conference that they were 10 or 20 years ago. SEC and Big 12 seem to have better recruiting and hence, better teams.

And them Southern boys can be tuf.

This has to be some kind of record -- five Big 10 teams played bowl games today and all five lost. I feel bad for Big 10 fans, but...

TCU!!

Yep, TCU looked good. They stuck to thare game plan, made the right adjustments and never panicked. Congrats!

Big Ten -- four bowl game losses in one day -- I wonder if that has ever happened to a conference before? :wacko:

Make that five in one day.

Northwestern

Michigan State

Michigan

Penn State

And Wisconsin

Iowa and Illinois both beat Big 12 teams

Ohio State is still on the string.

I really don't think that sending seven teams out of eleven to bowl games is fair to a lot of the smaller conferences. I guess $$$$$ call the tune though.

Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana were so bad that no body wanted them I guess.

So, I'm watching the Rose Bowl. Start of 2nd quarter. House goes dark. BOOM!! Transformer decided it was time to quit. What did I miss? :wacko: 0-4 for the big ten today, ouch. I think it was last year that Iowa was the only big 10 team to win a bowl game. Oh well. Maybe we should have used rank scoring.

Archived