SASS Wire Forum

The College Bowl Season had a less than auspicious start...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowl season huh? I haven't been paying attention.

Have the done the Salad Bowl yet?

How about the Cerial Bowl or terlit bowl?

We all know Badger got his bowl hair cut just for the season, no pics necessary.

Grizz

I did enjoy watching TCU win....

...and as for the Sooners....

The Sooners will win, but they have sure been sloppy. If they were playing Alabama today, they'd have their arse handed to them. :wacko:

...ain't that the truth!

I am proud of my two teams, The Cowboys of OSU and the Horned Frogs of TCU. They both done good this year.

Illinois beat Baylor. Does that count?

Badger, I was talking about the 2009 bowl games. I was incorrect however, it was the 2008 bowl games that Iowa was the only Big 10 team to win

Yeah.

Holy Crapola, the Seachickens are going to the playoffs and won the division title with their second string quarterback. It has indeed been a strange season. Now they are ice skating in Hell.

:) The only 2 games I got to watch this weekend were blowouts. :FlagAm:

All the hype from the talking heads and 'analysts' on the AL/Michigan State game was a waste of wind, so I swapped over to the Michigan/MSU game. I was figgering that it would be a slobber knocker considering MSU finished next to last in the SEC WEST (which is composed of Auburn, AL, LSU, Arkansas, MSU and Ole Miss) and we are talking about Michigan here. I quit watching that one about half way through the 3rd. I shoulda watched the TN/NC game, but I hate UT and could care less about NC.

On a happy note, FSU gave the Devil his due. :) (Sorry, Charlie, but I just can't root for a Spurrier led team).

MAYBE (hopefully) the Sugar Bowl tomorrow will be better. Arkansas and Ohio State could be a goodun.

After watching the bowl games I have come to the conclusion that the magic of the matchups by BCS has lost some of it's MOJO. There were some good games but most of them are just let the kids play as a reward to all their hard work during the season. You say that you didn't get a bowl bid" Huh! Well work a little harder next year and we might give you one.

I have fears that the hype that is coming, for the game on the 7th, is going to forego the actual game and leave me with a let down. But for what it is going to cost me to sit home, sip beer and watch the game, I guess that is ok too.

Well, it looks like Stanford is the real deal.

Oranges in California and Florida.

Looked like VT was going to run with them for a while, but Stanford wore them down and then took control. Pretty impressive team.

Awesome comes to mind. But like the talking heads said, the Oregon/Auburn game should be a barn burner.

If Oregon can key in on The Heisman winner, they got a chance to beat them.

But Auburn is more than a one dimensional team.

The Sugar Bowl ought to be a good one tonight. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett became just the fourth quarterback in SEC history to pass for 3,000 yards and 30 touchdowns in back-to-back seasons. If OSU has a chance, they have to shut him down.

Archived