Previous Fields

• SASS #

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3,658 profile views

sassnetguy50's Achievements

SASS Wire Vet

SASS Wire Vet (1/1)

1. They make sliding latches with through door handles. Maybe add step plates to the outside to avoid putting too much pressure on the handle. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Garage-Door-Stuff-LKit-Lock/dp/B0C57ZKXNX/
  2. Or seen too many "help, I've fallen and I can't get up" commercials.
  3. Want to slow down the projects? Remove the hgtv channel from the tv. Approaching 2 years without a major project here.
  4. And babysit your contractor to stop them from doing something stupid. ie. Slope the entire room to the drain, tile up 6" on every wall, tile the entire floor except for the HVAC vent which they lowered to be flush in the floor.
  5. There were these made back then. For women in the factories.
  6. Better yet, I found pictures with scale for you. A third picture shows the light and dark lenses.
  7. Thank you, it should've been obvious. That is why you don't buy a car made at 5pm Friday. @watab kid @Wild Eagle your brains are playing tricks on you. Those lenses are 80 years old and not clear, there is no reference scale in the picture, the goggles are upside down. Flip them over, imagine they are as wide as Ray-Bans, the straight perforated band on your forehead, the lenses more transparent, the frilly trimmed ^ cut seals against the bridge of your nose and your face. You look bugeyed like a horse with goggles.
  8. This post? https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/365365-cowboy-guns-for-sale/#comment-4622354
  9. I was scrolling through a military paraphernalia auction and these two lots stumped me. The first lot is easily dismissed as a mistake, the second lot shows intent. Was "googles" a slang term eight decades ago or is this nationally recognized auction house, staffed mostly by women, running a gag?
  10. Looks like a good way to pinch your hand. Glad the Cresent style adjustable wrench took the market. A much better grip and it can be coated without interfering with the adjustability.
  11. Spotify, Slacker, Pandora, iHeart are all internet based services requiring a smart phone data plan. The satellite plan options. https://www.siriusxm.com/choose-plan
  12. You can get satellite radio that will offer many specialty stations. In many late model cars this is as easy as calling 1-800... with your credit card, pay a monthly/annual subscription. Hit the AM/FM button until it reaches satellite, scroll stations like regular radio. The drawbacks are big cities with sky scrapers, tunnels, large overpasses can all block the signal and the continuing subscription fee. Some MP3 players can stream from wireless internet but require downloading music to leave your house. I ripped (saved) CDs to the computer then loaded those to my mp3 player, over 1,000 songs. It plays without fail, no commercials, can play specific playlists I choose or shuffle all songs. A one time fee for the device 20 years ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.