SASS Wire Forum

Feast of Feasts, Holy Day of Holy Days

Rick_OShay_-_EASTER_-_prints_Feb_19_2008_011.thumb.jpg.fba3d9abc9e4250e7deb7269f58beca2.jpg

rick-oshay-3(1).jpg.d492307ee46ec2593b56456ca57d8afe.jpg

HOLY PASCHA: The Resurrection of Our Lord - Troparion & Kontakion

Commemorated on April 19

Troparion — Tone 4

Christ is risen from the dead, / trampling down death by death, / and upon those in the tombs bestowing life!

Troparion — Tone 8

(Hypakoe)

Before the dawn Mary and the women came / and found the stone rolled away from the tomb. / They heard the angelic voice: “Why do you seek among the dead as a Man / the One Who is everlasting Light? / Behold the clothes in the grave; go and proclaim to the world: / ‘The Lord is risen; He has slain death, / as He is the Son of God, saving the race of man.’”

Kontakion — Tone 8

You descended into the tomb, O Immortal, / You destroyed the power of death. / In victory You arose, O Christ God, / proclaiming: “Rejoice!” to the Myrrhbearing Women, / granting peace to Your Apostles, and bestowing Resurrection on the fallen

Edit to add, from a few years ago 

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

And His Fraudulency Joe Biden even manages to screw THIS up.

White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre has doubled down after President Joe Biden declared Easter Sunday “Transgender Day of Visibility.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/30/white-house-doubles-down-after-declaring-easter-sunday-transgender-day-of-visibility/

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

And His Fraudulency Joe Biden even manages to screw THIS up.

White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre has doubled down after President Joe Biden declared Easter Sunday “Transgender Day of Visibility.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/30/white-house-doubles-down-after-declaring-easter-sunday-transgender-day-of-visibility/

I agree that he could have ignored it, or at least downplayed it, but he didn't pick the date for it.  

This abomination was established 31 March, 2009.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As a working medic, I attended training sessions of various kinds.

The College of Osteopathic Medicine had a forensic presentation of the Crucifixion.

I viewed it with the eyes of a working medic, taking in the mechanism of the injuries and the body's systemic and physiologic responses.

Behind my medic's eyes, behind my professional mask, I was quietly falling apart.

Before this cold, clinical discussion of one man's death, before this unfeeling, clinical analysis of its precise effects, I'd taken Easter for granted.

Never since.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

As a working medic, I attended training sessions of various kinds.

The College of Osteopathic Medicine had a forensic presentation of the Crucifixion.

I viewed it with the eyes of a working medic, taking in the mechanism of the injuries and the body's systemic and physiologic responses.

Behind my medic's eyes, behind my professional mask, I was quietly falling apart.

Before this cold, clinical discussion of one man's death, before this unfeeling, clinical analysis of its precise effects, I'd taken Easter for granted.

Never since.

From the Matins of Holy Friday:  (Also called The 12 Gospels) 

Choir: Every member of thy holy body endured dishonour for our sakes: thy head, the thorns: thy face, the spitting; thy cheeks, the buffeting; thy mouth, the taste of gall mingled with vinegar; thine ears, the impious blasphemies; thy back, the scourging and thy hand, the reed; thy whole body, the stretching on the Cross; thy limbs, the nails; and thy side, the spear. Thou hast suffered for us and by thy passion set us free from passions; in loving selfabasement thou hast stooped down to us and raised us up: O Saviour almighty, have mercy on us.

One of the longest services of Holy Week.  

• Thanks 4

I appreciate both sides of the Easter Holiday.  

Rememberance of the Sacrifice and of the Resurrection are our heritage and the faith that we live by.

The bunnies and ducks and chicks are just as much a part of our heritage and our children are captivated, entertained, and amused by the imagery, the comedy, and the joy of the holiday.

Let’s remember that there is room for both!!

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I appreciate both sides of the Easter Holiday.  

Rememberance of the Sacrifice and of the Resurrection are our heritage and the faith that we live by.

The bunnies and ducks and chicks are just as much a part of our heritage and our children are captivated, entertained, and amused by the imagery, the comedy, and the joy of the holiday.

Let’s remember that there is room for both!!

I'm not seeing anyone here objecting to those,  although I  do object to those cultural additions being the sole focus of the day. 

FB_IMG_1640978224520.jpg.01b4067432c01023081ca312ab410c8a.jpg

Our brother,  Sgt. C.J. did raise an objection to the White House message that seems to raise transsexual recognition day above the Resurrection. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Our brother,  Sgt. C.J. did raise an objection to the White House message that seems to raise transsexual recognition day above the Resurrection. 

It gets worse. Nanny Pelosi got into it too.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) marked Transgender Visibility Day and César Chávez Day on Easter Sunday, though California state government offices will only observe Chávez Day on Monday, April 1.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/31/nancy-pelosi-marks-cesar-chavez-day-on-easter-sunday/

Thank you for the wise words of Archbishop Dmitri.
His few, simple words, answering a child's question, illustrates his point perfectly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Thank you for the wise words of Archbishop Dmitri.
His few, simple words, answering a child's question, illustrates his point perfectly!

I had also posted that on FB the other day.  One of my friends, both RL and FB, commented, "I got to greet Archbishop Dmitri at the Denton church once. Standing there with bread and salt we chatted for a few moments then he reached for a pinch of salt and tossed it over his shoulder. He then leaned in close and whispered "you can't be to careful". Always fun to talk to."   Yes, Virginia, even Bishops have a sense of humor.  

• Haha 3