SASS Wire Forum

A Stage in the Life of a Range Master

I really enjoyed being the Range Master at Ides this year.

Check out my blog about my last stage of the Florida State Championship this year. It was a doozy! 

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/blog/297/a-stage-in-the-life-of-a-range-master/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It ain't for the faint of heart.  Well done.

• Like 1

so , i didnt follow the entire thing going on but i gather you were scrambling - bet you did have an exciting day , i had a few of those back in the outlaw three gun days , but most of my SASS events allowed the EOs to enjoy it with the posse 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Griff said:

It ain't for the faint of heart.  Well done.

That's for sure! Thank you.

16 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Hectic with a capital H ! :)  Bet it sure felt good when it was all done.

HAHAHA you said it! I was actually a little sad. I felt like I had missed the match because I wasn't on the posse very much. But I was relieved about shooting the stage clean. There were a few bumps during the run. I updated the blog with videos showing the stages in question. 

14 hours ago, watab kid said:

so , i didnt follow the entire thing going on but i gather you were scrambling - bet you did have an exciting day , i had a few of those back in the outlaw three gun days , but most of my SASS events allowed the EOs to enjoy it with the posse 

I have been Range Master for many smaller annuals. And Usually there are a handful of calls that need to be made. I usually spend more time fixing scoring errors than anything else. But for the most part, I can spend a fair amount of the match on the posse. 

But with there being so many shooters and it being a sanctioned match, that wasn't the case at Ides. I still had fun. It was just a different kind of fun. 

I have updated the blog with videos of the stages. 

10 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

I have been Range Master for many smaller annuals. And Usually there are a handful of calls that need to be made. I usually spend more time fixing scoring errors than anything else. But for the most part, I can spend a fair amount of the match on the posse. 

But with there being so many shooters and it being a sanctioned match, that wasn't the case at Ides. I still had fun. It was just a different kind of fun. 

I have updated the blog with videos of the stages. 

glad to hear you had a good time , i would hate to think anyone at a SASS shoot had anything but , ill check out the videos 

• Like 1