SASS Wire Forum

IT'S MONDAY, ALL RIGHT!

My beautiful bride was tired and went in for a nap.

As it was crowding noontime, she said I should get whatever I wanted for lunch.

Shrimp basket sounded good.

Off to Wellington to our south, to the ATM to withdraw some shekels.

Tire went down on me while on the road, aired it up with the little cigarette lighter compressor, right there in the bank parking lot.

Got home, finished bringing the offending tire up to working pressure with the 110 volt compressor in my garage, went over to the pub, sat down and had a shrimp basket and waffle fries.

Came out and found the tire was not just flat, it was clear down on the rim.

Parked on blacktop, parked on the level, if I aired it up again and took it home to change for the spare, I'd be changing a tire on a sloped driveway ... no, better handle it here, on the level.

I went ahead and changed the tire, used the aluminized windshield sun shield as a hillbilly creeper so I wouldn't get wet and filthy when I set the jack under the axle.

Took the tire to the dealership -- I have all my work done at the dealership -- tire had to be replaced, which explains any howls of financial agony you may've heard shivering on the chilly and damp wind this morning: it run me twice what I expected.

Got home and pulled the property tax bill out of the mailbox.

More financial howling, along with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No rending of garments.

Still too chilly for that.

No rending of garments until the temperature is above my age.

Looked at my driveway with a grim satisfaction -- it took some effort, but a few days of persistent shoveling, snow blowing and profanity, and the concrete is free of snow and ice ... and then the phone went beep, weather alert, we're supposed to have Magic Shell ice tonight.

So much for my nice clean driveway.

I get inside and don't realize my waffle stomper soles were tracking ice into the house.

The drowsy wife came padding out to get a drink of water, she stepped in fresh ice melt and came to full wakefulness, which explains the higher pitched yelp, as opposed to my own lower-frequency but just as heartfelt, financially related sounds of distress and agony.

Since she was now at full wakefulnes, she sat down at the table and proceeded to touch up some modeling scenery pieces.

She shifted her chair, she bumped a stacked plastic set of pantry shelves and dumped our total accumulation of pantry goods to the floor, knocked over the trash can and spilled a bottle of paint.

(Her luck is better than mine. The bottle was nearly dry, one drop escaped to hit the floor, and was intercepted by a box of something called Quinoa)

Anyway --

Considering all the lovely happenings this day, my wife and I concluded that yes, this is indeed, a MONDAY!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Here ya go. Order this for your Missus:

https://www.reapermini.com/search/09969

Now by the Prophet's beard, Reaper miniatures are her favorite!
This is perfect, an Occasion is upcoming on the calendar, and that'll be the very thing!

Many thanks!

Subdeacon, I rejoiced at your wisdom:

Just think, Monday is the best day of the week because it's farthest from the next Monday! :D

... until I realized that, with my typical luck, the rest of your incisive observation,

We all know that Wednesday is called "Hump Day" because everything is humped.

... is in all probability, spot-on!

I know my luck!

We were supposed to be covered in a crystal layer of icy Magic Shell this morning ... no sign of it as of 6 am ... I am wondering if this means Nature is winding up a Sunday punch that just hasn't arrived yet ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1