SASS Wire Forum

SW Florida Gunslinger’s Shootout in the Swamp

I just want to say if you want to shoot a really fun annual match 10 stages (5 stages Sat & Sun) in January in Florida this is really a great match to do it. Real fun stages with variety, good target placement where you can put the pedal down but not a manipulation match either. They have a moving target that’s fun but not too hard for the novice and this year they also had a tombstone rack which was lots of fun.

They fed us lunch both days and it was incredible, IMHO it’s the best food in SASS , banquet, match or otherwise.

The match is near Punta Gorda 10-15 minutes to restaurants and bars on the water, and plenty of places to explore after the shooting and eating is over. 

This is the second year for Midwest Hale and myself and we will be going back next year.

I don’t know everybody names or aliases involved with putting this match on, I think it’s a club effort. 

Too many  names and I don’t want to leave somebody out.

Folks should give this match a try and if you shot it before and did not like it give it another try , I believe you will like the changes.

Thanks AO & MH 

• Like 2

Thanks a million Arcadia for the kind words!! This is indeed an undiscovered treasure in SW Florida. Come visit us, and put the annual on your schedule. Too bad that you'll have to wait a year to do this one again. Get out of the snow and cold and shoot!

• Like 1

We love having you and Midwest Hale come to the Swamp to beat up on us.:lol:

Runnin' Wild is our Match Director.

He and his wife, Ima Horsin' Around, provide the decor and stages.

Right Again Dad is in charge of food and he does an outstanding job.

Applejack is our Engineer and Mechanic.

Six Packin Jan does an amazing job on our booklets.

And Gunner Down is there for literally everything else that happens.

It is indeed a group effort by the BEST TEAM IN SASS.

Waimea

Edited by Waimea
  • Like 2

Always a great time

Yep! No future in that working nonsense. Git her done working and come down! We miss you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Yep! No future in that working nonsense. Git her done working and come down! We miss you.

Probably another couple of years, but she is close.  Didn't make sense for Holli to retire while I was still caring for my Mom, but Mom passed last year so other than settling the estate (which will probably take every bit of a year) there is no reason for Holli to keep working.  In all honesty, I think part of it is that she doesn't want to say good bye to her patients, some of which she has seen for over 30 years, but her recent health scare has her starting the mental planning process of retiring.

I told her she has 2 years tops, 104 more Mondays, and I want her retired!  At that point I will be 69 and well on my way to turning 70!  Damn, if I had known I was going to live that long, I would have taken better care of myself!  :P

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Ides!