SASS Wire Forum

Armed With Reason

Lawdog Dago Dom

One of the more entertaining anti-civil rights sites is the "Armed With Reason" page. Chock full of pearl clutching for anything that even resembles a firearm.  Some of their intellectual posts are along the lines of saying, "a gun in the home increases the potential for gun violence." No kidding. Apparently if you have to legally defend your family with a firearm, that falls under "gun violence" for these dolts. I'm sure backyard pools increase the potential for "water violence" ie; drownings as well. You get the picture. But being Christmas time the Bloomie Loonies have to take a shot (pun deliciously intended) at the history of toy gun marketing since World War II. Spoiler alert: race is mentioned.

"Try This One, Partner": The Evolution of Toy Gun TV Advertisements (substack.com)

17 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

One of the more entertaining anti-civil rights sites is the "Armed With Reason" page. Chock full of pearl clutching for anything that even resembles a firearm.  Some of their intellectual posts are along the lines of saying, "a gun in the home increases the potential for gun violence." No kidding. Apparently if you have to legally defend your family with a firearm, that falls under "gun violence" for these dolts. I'm sure backyard pools increase the potential for "water violence" ie; drownings as well. You get the picture. But being Christmas time the Bloomie Loonies have to take a shot (pun deiously intended) at the history of toy gun marketing since World War II. Spoiler alert: race is mentioned.

"Try This One, Partner": The Evolution of Toy Gun TV Advertisements (substack.com)

The fifteenth ad clip, for the sonic blaster, features Kurt Russell (at about age 12), later the star of Tombstone and Bone Tomahawk, and son of Bing Russell, one of the travelling salesmen in the early scenes of The Magnificent Seven.  Seems like everything and everyone has a connection to Western cinema and TV.

LL

I can comfortably say, with all sincerity, what I have to say to the whole lot of ‘em in ONE WORD!

SCROOM!!

6 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I can comfortably say, with all sincerity, what I have to say to the whole lot of ‘em in ONE WORD!

SCROOM!!

You truly are the poet of TEAM SASS.

Much more eloquent than Tennessee Williams.

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

SCROOM!!

Shouldn't that be hyphenated?

SCRO-OM

TM

1 hour ago, Texas Maverick said:

Shouldn't that be hyphenated?

SCRO-OM

TM

Nope! SCROOM is an established single syllable expression of contempt and disrespect!! :angry:

33 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nope! SCROOM is an established single syllable expression of contempt and disrespect!! :angry:

Learned it from my much missed MIL, a bedrock conservative.  I keep a Scrabble tile rack with those characters glued in place that she gave me as a memorial.

Archived