SASS Wire Forum

Mec Quick Change Base

Bladesmith, SASS 113085

It admittedly didn’t require any great skill or ingenuity, but I set up my Mec 600 Jr to use the Lee quick change bench plate system awhile back and it’s been working great. It lets me swap between this and my progressive press and save bench space. As you can see, for the transition I just used some scrap 2x4 that was notched for the correct fit up and bolted to the plate below. Thought it might be of interest to someone else. 

IMG_5367.thumb.webp.42f60d16e10ddf368107c63b4bbd91c4.webp

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Cpt Dan Blodgett, SASS #75655 said:

How old is your MEC? 

Great question. I have no idea. I bought it second hand, but I’d guess older rather than newer. Seems to have a few miles on it and when I needed to switch out a part, MEC indicated it was an older style for what that’s worth. 

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

took me a minute to see what you did--but once I figured it out--GREAT IDEA!

Thanks. I should’ve taken some photos along the way to make it more clear, but it was just an experiment at first. Once I decided I liked it, it was a bit harder to take photos of the relevant parts. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any though!

I use an IN LINE Fabrication base and quick change plates for all my presses etc. Plates for my  P-W shotshell loader, my Redding T7, My old RCBS single stage,  my Primal Rights CPS, my Wilson turner, etc. One base and lots of plates.  I hang them on In Line fab. wall hangers when not using them on the base.  I also hang my  8 T7 turrets on the In Line fab. wall racks to save space.  A really great system.  I highly recommend  In Line products.

5 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

I use an IN LINE Fabrication base and quick change plates for all my presses etc. Plates for my  P-W shotshell loader, my Redding T7, My old RCBS single stage,  my Primal Rights CPS, my Wilson turner, etc. One base and lots of plates.  I hang them on In Line fab. wall hangers when not using them on the base.  I also hang my  8 T7 turrets on the In Line fab. wall racks to save space.  A really great system.  I highly recommend  In Line products.

+10

Archived