SASS Wire Forum

The Loading Bench

Griff

Is so full of stuff, I can't find ANYTHING!  Got home yesterday from a 9 day trip that lasted 12 and have to load ammo for CAC next week.  Fortunately, I have two of almost everything... EXCEPT a .452 sizer die & top punch for my 45 Colt.  Cast up a couple of hundred 200 grain pills from my 6 gang Lee mold and hunted around for the Saeco Sizer die.  The last time I used it was for the .32-40...  Found where they were after removing them from the sizer... but, alas, no .452 to be found!  The RCBS sizer is full of Lyman lube for smokeless... So... do I load them with APP, or wait for the new sizer & top punch to arrive Monday and load with Goex?  Cases are all annealed, (new experience for me), so I could powder coat, load with APP or, wait?  Not all is lost, as I want to load up some .32-40 for the Highwall and some .40-90SBN for the Sharps!  Still have 100 shotshells to go.  That I can do indoors while it rains tomorrow & Saturday... No going outside to load in the unconditioned atmosphere of the shop while it's raining!  

I don't actually know.  Had go outside and measure... .454".  But, while out in the shop, took another look in the drawer where they're supposed to be... and, VIOLA... in a plain plastic bag was my .452 die and top punch!  I'll have to switch back to the .322 die to size & lube more .32-40 bullets... but... now I'm back on schedule get out to CAC on Tues!  

Archived