SASS Wire Forum

My new Sig really picked up the eagle

Trigger Mike

Each year a bald eagle comes to the woods behind our pond and fishes and stays a few days and disappears again.  

he showed up again today.  Now as I age my eyes are getting old and can’t see as good so I keep a pair of binoculars handy.  Just today my new Sig Sauer range finding binoculars arrived.  

he came by this morning but it was a strain to see him.  This afternoon I unwrapped my just arrived Sig binoculars and caught him as he finished a dive to catch a fish and came up with a fairly large one that my new binoculars could easily see.  What a treat to watch such a large and magnificent bird.

Lynx Lake, a few miles from my house. has eagles come in every year and nest in the trees on the shore.  The area is closed to traffic and we have to watch from the cafe on the NW shore.  The first few years there were hundreds of them but this last year there were probably less than a hundred.  The forestry folks keep count the hatchlings and record much of it for TV viewing.  Majestic creatures and I'll be forever grateful that Ben Franklin's suggestion to have the turkey as our national symbol was nor even given consideration.

I've been lucky enough to have two eagles visit my yard sine we moved here/  The first  was female and the second was young male.  Both were sitting near my flagpole and both left as soon as I began fumbling around trying to get picture.

I’ll try to get some pictures to post. We four nesting pairs that have been in the area since i bought the place 26 years ago.they’ll sit in the trees around my lake and fish. I love getting a cup of joe and sitting on the dock watching them. If you’ve had a stressful, that sure make you forget everything.

Archived