SASS Wire Forum

Today's menus

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled fried  in butter with bacon pieces and garlic.

3/4 cup hash browns fried in butter with minced onion, minced red and green bell peppers, garlic, a 1/8 teaspoon of prepared horse radish.

3 Jimmy Dean linked breakfast sausages.

All of these ingredients covered with grated extra sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese and mild Pace picante sauce .

1 serving( 1/2 cup) of Mott's strawberry pear sauce.

1  glass ( 12 ounces) of half and half orange and apple juice. 

3 cups Community Coffee (with a hint of chicory) and three teaspoons of sugar in each of sugar.

I'll go back to home made salsa and replace the fruit with apple sauce or fresh fruit.

Otherwise it's good enough to do again.

Supper (yet to be cooked) :

14 ounce prime sirloin steak marinated for three hours in two bottles of Coca Cola and  1/2 teaspoon of Marshall Creek Spices tenderizer, drained and washed and sprinkled all over with McCormicks Grill mates Montreal steak seasoning grilled to medium well on Brother George Foreman's magic grill. Paint it with butter and a bit of Worcestershire sauce.

Idaho  grown white potato mashed snd whipped until smooth as smooth as cream topped with butter and bacon pieces .

Niblets corn cooked in a pot with butter and fresh ground black pepper. 

Mushrooms sauteed in butter with a bit of Worcestershire sauce.

Some bread product on the side if desired (with butter and Smucker's sweet orange marmalade).

Desert is not required nor, in my case, desired....but suit yourself.

I use Real Salt brand from Utah because it's the best tasting I have ever found.

None of my recipes are sponsored, nor in any way approved, by any dairy industry nor anyone else on Earth.

By the way: my cholesterol and blood pressure are both probably lower than yours, and I am NOT overweight nor fat.  I am simply circumferentially challenged.

First you are in shape , round is a shape :) 

Sounds good to me have the try the Horseradish in Hash browns .
I usually add Horseradish to my Potato Salad .
 Ever though about rubbing Horseradish on your steak with your seasoning ?

The real salt is also good for replenishing electrolytes when hot so good job there 

I tried horse radish on my steak once.  Kinda took over the flavor of the steak, so I haven't done it again.  It doesn't work with baked salmon either.  In potato salad it is a must and I like it on baked potatoes if there isn't too much.  Sometimes I add a touch to my coleslaw recipe, too.  Have to be careful with horse radish.  It can get away from you and ruin a meal if you let it.

Try a wee bit with steamed asparagus.  Again, not too much.

Breakfast was a scramtatta (sort of a scrambled frittata).

I had corn I had cut off the cob a few days ago, so I chopped up a few ounces of bacon ends, got that in a skillet, chopped a quarter of an onion, added those, waited a couple of minutes, added the corn and a little black pepper.  Was kind of surprised when the corn started popping some, hadn't expected cut sweet corn to do that (didn't puff up, just popped).  Put a splatter guard over it.   Beat two eggs with a couple of dashes of Tabasco, about a TBS of heavy cream, poured those into the pan (no, Alpo, not through the splatter guard :D), stirred it in and let it set up a little, stirred again.

Lisa worked out the WW points for it... only 5 points.  Not bad, tasted more like a 10 point breakfast.

Evening meal will be leftover chili.

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Breakfast was a scramtatta (sort of a scrambled frittata).

I had corn I had cut off the cob a few days ago, so I chopped up a few ounces of bacon ends, got that in a skillet, chopped a quarter of an onion, added those, waited a couple of minutes, added the corn and a little black pepper.  Was kind of surprised when the corn started popping some, hadn't expected cut sweet corn to do that (didn't puff up, just popped).  Put a splatter guard over it.   Beat two eggs with a couple of dashes of Tabasco, about a TBS of heavy cream, poured those into the pan (no, Alpo, not through the splatter guard :D), stirred it in and let it set up a little, stirred again.

Lisa worked out the WW points for it... only 5 points.  Not bad, tasted more like a 10 point breakfast.

Evening meal will be leftover chili.

Didn't have any mushrooms but the rest turned out wonderful.

I'm going to do something different with the second steak.  Don't know what yet, but I'll have mushrooms by then.

Thanks.  I'll take a look.

Tomorrow evening I have open face hot turkey sandwiches planned and can round up some turkey gravy.  Have some slaw left and a bowl of mustard potato salad and a 1/4 pound tub of cranberry celebration salad I got at the deli counter at Fry's.  I love that stuff but haven't figure out how to make it myself.

I have a frozen lattice top Dutch apple pie I've been saving for a day when I'm too lazy to make something fro scratch.  I don't make pie shells from scratch.  Years ago I discovered Pet Rich frozen pie shells that are as good as can make and a darn sight easier...and I have a friend who is a great horticulturist.  He has seven or eight kinds of apples all grafted onto one trunk.

Archived