SASS Wire Forum

Law & Order

In light of violence, shoplifting, mayhem in general, various opinions are being espoused by people and candidates from the far left to the far right. We need more laws. Outlaw "assault weapons" (as if there can really be a definition of what that means); defund the police, increase funding for the police.  And violence and crime increases, especially in our major cities.

But until the citizens decide they have had enough of this $#i+ and start electing people who will enforce the laws on the books and stop molycoddling criminals, it ain't gonna stop!  As it stands right now, like the lines from the song in the movie, "Paint Your Wagon", "The boozer's in prison an' the criminal isn't, and only the rascals have dough..." :angry:

I yield the soapbox! 

1 minute ago, Trailrider #896 said:

In light of violence, shoplifting, mayhem in general, various opinions are being espoused by people and candidates from the far left to the far right. We need more laws. Outlaw "assault weapons" (as if there can really be a definition of what that means); defund the police, increase funding for the police.  And violence and crime increases, especially in our major cities.

But until the citizens decide they have had enough of this $#i+ and start electing people who will enforce the laws on the books and stop molycoddling criminals, it ain't gonna stop!  As it stands right now, like the lines from the song in the movie, "Paint Your Wagon", "The boozer's in prison an' the criminal isn't, and only the rascals have dough..." :angry:

I yield the soapbox! 

The basic point is politicians only care about power and money, they generally care nothing about citizens.  Past (and current) events show that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are as irrelevant as our votes.  They will follow Cloward–Piven to break this country.  

A large segment of politicians want control of the population. However they have no intention or desire controlling lifelong,  career criminals. What they want is to control the average, law abiding, hard working citizens. They intentionally allow the criminals to commit crime without consequence. Then use the situation they have allowed and encouraged as an excuse to pass laws restricting law abiding citizens. All of a sudden the politicians get tough on crime when a normal citizen gets fed up and tries to stop the criminal. No big deal for a criminal to beat someone but if that criminal is touched, they drop the hammer on you.

i cant agree more - you can have all the law you can imagine and we do , if there is no order among people you have no law 

so , were do you go from there ??

in my mind we go back to the 1800s when the people developed the law but that was a sketchy time of random killing and lots of crime so what exactl do we want ? 

Archived