SASS Wire Forum

Hey Blackwater…

That was in the Fedora thread.

I remembered it because I thought both the crown and the brim were too big to qualify as a fedora.

That’s the hat that most people know me by.  Had it built in 2007 by Brims and Trims. I later started my own vending business, doing custom hats and selling cowboy/cowgirl clothing and shooting supplies.

I think that we probably crossed paths at Prince of Pistoliers at Lenexa and you may very well have purchased a hat from me or my son.

It was the year that Painted Mohawk and his pards from Australia joined us for the match and they bought every can of Black Powder I had!

Bob Munden and his wife did a demonstration after lunch on Saturday.

We had the banquet somewhere across town. Hatfield took second in his category and I won a stainless New Model Vaquero!

Titus A. Gnatsass was the one who invited us. Rowdy Buckshot and Digger John helped us set up and took care of us and, as I recall, I sold a lot of merchandise at that match.

My hat is a takeoff of the military fedora of the period following the War of Northern Aggression and worn by cavalry in the southwest before the time of the Spanish/American War.

City versions of the fedora were/are smaller and feature much narrower long brims, even down to as narrow as one inch.

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

That’s the hat that most people know me by.  Had it built in 2007 by Brims and Trims. I later started my own vending business, doing custom hats and selling cowboy/cowgirl clothing and shooting supplies.

I think that we probably crossed paths at Prince of Pistoliers at Lenexa and you may very well have purchased a hat from me or my son.

It was the year that Painted Mohawk and his pards from Australia joined us for the match and they bought every can of Black Powder I had!

Bob Munden and his wife did a demonstration after lunch on Saturday.

We had the banquet somewhere across town. Hatfield took second in his category and I won a stainless New Model Vaquero!

Titus A. Gnatsass was the one who invited us. Rowdy Buckshot and Digger John helped us set up and took care of us and, as I recall, I sold a lot of merchandise at that match.

My hat is a takeoff of the military fedora of the period following the War of Northern Aggression and worn by cavalry in the southwest before the time of the Spanish/American War.

City versions of the fedora were/are smaller and feature much narrower long brims, even down to as narrow as one inch.

Yep, I remember that match and meeting you. That was a good one. Haven’t seen Titus, Digger, or Rowdy for several years now. 

I did buy a hat from you, but it was at Land Run the following year. It’s way cool! Are you still in that business?

image.jpeg.42e7aff350f05de06f064885ab5b3a49.jpeg

I sold my equipment to Col. Tuscarora almost two years ago.  My grandson got the last hat that I shaped and the last of my inventory. Not the same hats.

I’ve developed neuropathy in my hands and I began to suffer burns and blisters when using the steamer while shaping.  That and hassles with the IRS, state and local tax agencies, and those nice folks at the disability agency got to be more aggravating and much less fun.

I did Land Run twice! Nice folks and a great shoot and banquet!!

I have a black hat that’s very similar to yours.  I really like that style. I prefer it for dress occasions!

Always a treat to hear from folks who bought my hats and like ‘em!!

Slim, is that the price tag sitting on the brim of the hat, or something on the wall behind you and you just stood in the perfect spot to juxtapose them? There over your right shoulder. That white spot.

Cousin Minnie Pearl!

Now there's a character I miss seeing!

Grandpa Jones et al.

OK, so there's hay seed in my genes, but I come by it honestly.

I'm Alberta born and raised!!

Archived