SASS Wire Forum

Brass front sights for New Model Blackhawks

Wrangler Bob

Does anyone know of a brass "cap" that fits/slip over the blade of the front sight of a Blackhawk? I seem to remember talking to someone that had that modification done to their revolvers a year or so back. As usual, I didn't follow up with that person where to get the "cap". As I understood it, the "cap" was brass and slipper over the top of the blade sight; it may have been held in place with an epoxy or another substance. Any one know of such a product?

Not a pipe dream, honest, just poor  memory and poor note taking.

Sure Hit sights is the slip on.

But not sure they make them for Blackhawks.

I think it was also them that made. (put them on the wife's Blackhawks) Some nice replacement sights

for Blackhawks. 

You just knock out the little pin. Slip the old one out, replace with the new solid brass one and put the pin back in. 

So simple even I did it.

I have made brass sight covers from brass channel purchased at hobby shops.

Remember the brass only has to cover the entire REAR of the sight blade.

So I found channel (I seem to recall it was for model railroading in some manner) that the channel was the same width (or slightly wider) as my pistol sight.

Cut a length slightly longer than the sight height - mix some epoxy into the channel and tap them into place.

After they dry - file or dremel the excess height down to flush with the top of the sight.

Between brass and epoxy - I did six pistols for about 40 cents per gun.

Archived