SASS Wire Forum

FWIW, Magtech 12ga Brass, $25/box

Palouse

While checking for "deals" on duck and goose loads for next season, I threw in a query for Magtech 12ga Brass.  Midway, Brownell at about $39, Grafs about $32, all per box and pre-shipping fees.

Sportsmans Guide, $24.99 non-member, $22.99 and free shipping to members.  Just checked, they still have in stock.

Reading reviews and not having ever purchased from SG, I was HIGHLY skeptical.  But, saving $100 on a case sounded interesting. With shipping, $26.80 per box, no tax in Oregon.

Ordered last Thursday, Feb 02, arrived at home today, Wed, Feb 8 from MN. I paid shipping and did not "join the club for additional saving."

Cases were undamaged. One 25rd box top was ripped off, must have happened at packing. Shipping box was SCARRY! Thin and too big for 10 boxes.  Shipping tape was thinnest, cheapest available. One strip holding bottom closed, one strip partially holding top closed.  FedEx did a number on one corner of box, but on side with balloon packing.

Magtech boxes indicate made Sept 13, 2022.

I got my stuff quickly.  I am satisfied, but probably used up my luck for the week.  Would I do it again?  Irrelevant, I'm set for life with 12ga brass...

4 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I recall buying 8 boxes in about 2004(?) for $12.00 each.

There's post-pandemic, pre-pandemic, and "the good old days"  :)

Archived