SASS Wire Forum

Opinions, suggestions, recommendations

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

As you may have noticed on this site, I recently acquired a 1956 era Colt Detective Special, and have a holster en route from Frankfort, Germany for it.  I also have found three HKS speed loaders for it.

Yesterday I bought a leather belt pouch of two of the loaders for $10.00 in the used leather crap bin at a local gun shop.

Problem: this set of pouches is very well made, strong and sturdy, and easy to use......BUT.......

it is 2 1/2" inches tall, 3" front to rear, and 3 1/2wide.  This is to carry two loaders, each 1 1/2" in diameter and 2 1/4" long top to bottom.  This is in no way concealable, and I'd really like a way to carry three of them at one time.  I'm thinking that three of them end to end would be 6 3/4 long, almost exactly the same length as the gun and still only 1 1/2" in diameter, approximately the same width as the gun. 

I want to find a way to carry them on the right side of my soon-to-be-here new shoulder rig which will carry the gun muzzle up in my left arm pit, but I can't find any such  critter anywhere on line.

I'd like to find one ready made or a custom device, preferably one that would / could attach to the harness of the shoulder holster, but I'd be willing to have one made if someone could even come up with a suitable pattern.

I don't really want any nylon or other plastic materials used in it.

I'll be looking forward to getting any info you want to send on your favorite brain child.  

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Wilbur Rexroat said:

Google Stoner Holster in Middletown Ohio they make all types of concealed carry holsters and harnesses.

I didn't find any speed loader stuff on that site.  They have some other itemsI might look at later, though.

5 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I have one of these that came with a GALCO (Jackass) shoulder rig for a S&W 686.

SSL SPEED LOADER CASE

That's a lot closer to what I want.  Not quite right but I'll contact them and get some more info.

Thanks.

Archived