SASS Wire Forum

Disassembling an 1866 Yellowboy

This is an excellent video! Clearly shot and easy to follow. Thanks!

5 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

This is an excellent video! Clearly shot and easy to follow. Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate that. 

Jed I.... Good Video!!

But Here's a couple of tips for Ya.....

The LH Sideplate will come off much easier if you'll loosen up the Lifter & Lever Springs First.

And when you're reassembling, after the Bolt-firing pin Assy, Hammer & all is back in place, but before you put the Links back in.... 

Put the Carrier, Lifter & Lever and their springs all in and all held in place with the screw through the LH sideplate

But the screw not all the way through the frame, about 1/8" from home.... and the LH Sideplate needs to be upside down so you can get access to both sides......

Don't worry once you get the Links back in you can still easily rotate the sideplate counter clockwise into place and finish snugging everything back down

Those two steps will make the job much easier!

Give it a Try on you're next video ;)

1 hour ago, Doc Altman SASS#74468 said:

Good job, Jed!

I've watched it a few times and I don't own an 1866 (but my 1873 is close!).

Thank you!

--Doc

One of these days I’ll do one on the ‘73.  Heck, it only took me 4 years to get this one done so… :D

8 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Jed I.... Good Video!!

But Here's a couple of tips for Ya.....

The LH Sideplate will come off much easier if you'll loosen up the Lifter & Lever Springs First.

And when you're reassembling, after the Bolt-firing pin Assy, Hammer & all is back in place, but before you put the Links back in.... 

Put the Carrier, Lifter & Lever and their springs all in and all held in place with the screw through the LH sideplate

But the screw not all the way through the frame, about 1/8" from home.... and the LH Sideplate needs to be upside down so you can get access to both sides......

Don't worry once you get the Links back in you can still easily rotate the sideplate counter clockwise into place and finish snugging everything back down

Those two steps will make the job much easier!

Give it a Try on you're next video ;)

Thanks Silver Sam. 

Archived