SASS Wire Forum

Big Lube bullet molds

Turkey Flats Jack

I pretty much shoot only black powder and proper lube type/amount is fairly important to me. I have been using a lee double cavity mold for a while and with my work schedule it was just taking up too much of my off time. I decided to look into a 6 cavity mold and since I shoot bp why not check out the  big lube molds. I emailed and asked about dimensions of the 44 slim mold. The response I got caught me a little off guard. He suggested that I order a bullet sample pack filled with the different big lube bullets and try them personally rather than give me specs. He also let me know that after ordering the sampler if I ordered a mold that the price of the bullet sample would be rebated off the cost of the mold if ordered within 90 days of each other. Well it didnt take long to make the decision. I ordered the sample pack and was stoked when they showed up 4 days after placing the order. I tried them and was absolutely thrilled that the 165 gr 44 slim cycled through my rifle with no issue. It didnt take me long to go back and order the mold. I'm quite pleased with the mold. The break in period was rather quick and i've already cast about 1000 bullets. If you're a bp shooter and cast your own I wouldnt hesitate to order from Dick Dastardly at http://www.biglube.com/Default.aspx Communication was great, shipping was incredibly quick, and i'm already debating ordering another for 357. 

T.F. Jack

Dick is a stand-up guy, and has been providing Big Lube molds, lube, and off-the-gun loading stands for a very long time.

Great guy, great products, great service.

--Dawg

Of course it worked well! I use them myself a lot of the time. Just make sure you keep the alignment pins and the sprue pivot lubed, and lightly coat the top mould surface and bottom sprue surface to keep any lead from sticking/smearing.  I prefer 2-stroke oil on a Q-tip myself.

For those of you who don't cast, but still like BigLubes, Slim drops a great bullet, many from DD's molds.

Been getting them from him for years.

--Dawg

1 hour ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

For those of you who don't cast, but still like BigLubes, Slim drops a great bullet, many from DD's molds.

Been getting them from him for years.

--Dawg

+ One for Slim

Archived