SASS Wire Forum

Strange year in Baseball

I remember seeing Bum Phillips on the Tonight Show not long after the Oilers fired him. Said it didn't bother him much. He allowed there were two kinds of coaches......them that's been fired and them that's gonna get fired.

JHC

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A very strange year. The FIRST meeting of the Giants and Dodgers in the playoffs in their 131 year rivalry.  A team with 107 regular season wins knocked out of the playoffs by a team with 106 regular season wins.

So Joe, did Wilmer Flores check his swing or did he go??

Bad call is what I think!:angry:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So Joe, did Wilmer Flores check his swing or did he go??

Bad call is what I think!:angry:

I think he managed to check his swing.  But I remember a coach of a football team saying something like, "If we played so bad that one bad call cost us the game we deserved to lose."

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I think he managed to check his swing.  But I remember a coach of a football team saying something like, "If we played so bad that one bad call cost us the game we deserved to lose."

That’s a pretty good saying but that was a close game, SF didn’t really play that bad! The next pitch could have wound up in the bleachers !!

36 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That’s a pretty good saying but that was a close game, SF didn’t really play that bad! The next pitch could have wound up in the bleachers !!

It was one helluva good game.  All of them were.  

Right now watching the Red Sox beat up on the Astros.   Grand slams in the 1st inning and 2nd inning by Boston.

Archived