SASS Wire Forum

DILLON RL 450 - Value?

No Horse Hair, SASS #77464

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The 450 is just a cheaper version of the Dillon 550

OLG 

Earlier version.  I bought a 450.  Then they soon come out with the 550. Biggest differences are the quick change die blocks, automated primer feed and powder drop. We have the 450 setup for 38 Colt, Special and 357 Magnum.  

Takes the same shell plate conversion kits.

Dillon did offer an upgrade kit to change a 450 to a 550. 

I have a 450 that has the auto primer and auto powder measure it originally had the manual powder measure although the one I have is not the most current with the the rod thinger it has the spring return for the powder bar. Once you have your dies set there would be no need to reset them. I also have a 550 and yes its a nice feature just pulling out the tool head and popping in a different one. A new 550 is now $590.00 if they are available. 

If I were going to sell mine I think that I would ask in the area of about $450.00 (but not interested selling it)I was thinking of converting it to a 550 but did not seem worth it to spend the money to do that. I also have a 550 they are both setup for large primer one the 450 is for 44 Russian and 44wcf and the 550 is .45acp Small primer ammo gets done on a SDB.

Hochbauer

Archived