SASS Wire Forum

Another Ammo Report

I've kept my revolver supplies up during this shortage by dropping into stores from time to time. Things have a way of showing up.

This is especially true of Bass Pro. I drop by the one in my city once or twice a week to check. I've run into shipments a couple of times before. Today they had a pretty good supply. Goodly amounts of .38 spl at $22 per 50, .357 at $30 (I'm rounding up the penny), and .45 auto and .380 and a couple of others I don't shoot. They had big bulk boxes of 9mm-- didn't check the price, limit 1.

Limit 5 on the above boxes of 50 (five of each type). They had 500 rd boxes of Herter .22 lr at $26, limit one. The other calibers were mostly American Eagle.

Say what you will about the big box stores now and then, but when they get the ammo in, they sell it at 'standard retail' pricing-- not gouging like some small places do. 

My general impression: things are slowly catching up...

39 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I've kept my revolver supplies up during this shortage by dropping into stores from time to time. Things have a way of showing up.

This is especially true of Bass Pro. I drop by the one in my city once or twice a week to check. I've run into shipments a couple of times before. Today they had a pretty good supply. Goodly amounts of .38 spl at $22 per 50, .357 at $30 (I'm rounding up the penny), and .45 auto and .380 and a couple of others I don't shoot. They had big bulk boxes of 9mm-- didn't check the price, limit 1.

Limit 5 on the above boxes of 50 (five of each type). They had 500 rd boxes of Herter .22 lr at $26, limit one. The other calibers were mostly American Eagle.

Say what you will about the big box stores now and then, but when they get the ammo in, they sell it at 'standard retail' pricing-- not gouging like some small places do. 

Thunderbolt has been running for $79.99 for a 500 round box at Bud's Gun Shop in Sevierville. They are not gouging as much as they themselves are getting gouged.

Want a box of 9mm? Limit one box with purchase of a firearm in that caliber.

Did get some Wolf 7.62 at a really fair price at Knife Works a few months back, sold out in hours.

Yes, ammo is starting to show up. Will take a few more months before any actually sticks in distribution rather than flushing out instantly.

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

They probably pay less than the small places do! I know the LGS here is making about the same amount of profit as he was months ago but he's paying more, therefore charging more!

Archived