SASS Wire Forum

The blind leading the . . . major cities

It has almost become a contest between mayors of large cities to see who can openly support criminal activity and cripple law enforcement. Bill DeBlasio disbanded the NYPD plainclothes crime unit, and murder rates went through the roof.

Striving for the nomination for best supporting politician in an incompetent governmental capacity, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot says "hold my beer."

Chicago murder rates are already through the roof, but Lightloafers now wants to disband the CPD Gang Crimes Unit. Even though the majority of murders are committed in A; gang high crime areas, by B; gang members.

Here is a twitter feed from earlier this afternoon.

CPDtwitter.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Striving for the nomination for best supporting politician in an incompetent governmental capacity, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot says "hold my beer."

Chicago murder rates are already through the roof, but Lightloafers now wants to disband the CPD Gang Crimes Unit. Even though the majority of murders are committed in A; gang high crime areas, by B; gang members.

That's so she won't have to keep answering those pesky questions about why she is releasing violent criminals ROR vice actually prosecuting them.

This will continue until enough people get so fed up that they organize politically, and get enough signatures to recall mayors, city council members, and just get people in there who will do the job.  I grew up in Chicago and Cook County in the Richard J. Daley era, and his machine simply couldn't be broken.  So I doubt anything good will happen.  The other problem is that too many people who have quiet neighborhoods don't want to get involved.  Chicago has had strict anti-gun laws for years...decades. So only the bad guys can get them.  (Maybe the Feds could get them for not filling out Form 4473's! :rolleyes: :unsure: ) If the cops are lucky enough to actually catch some of these perps, the courts turn them loose, and pretty soon, they are back on the street, killing and wounding innocents, including kids! 

Not confined to Chicago.  A couple of nights ago, robbers broke into a suburban Denver gun shop and stole about 54 rifles and handguns!  That's happened before and most of such guns are never recorded.  But, hey! Let's defund the cops. :angry:

Archived