SASS Wire Forum

Be Careful Out There - Release

Calamity Kris

Now that Florida has started opening up, folks seem to be REALLY antsy to get out.  I saw a motorist on a two lane road attempt to pass four cars at once and almost T-bone a construction van turning left, and the same guy almost ran four motorcyclists off the road trying to make another illegal pass. 

Please be careful out there and keep your head while others are losing theirs.....

When I lived in Fort Myers, we just called that a Tuesday. (Once the over 80 crowd showed up!)

But in all seriousness , people do seem to be in their own little worlds now, not a good place to be when you are operating several thousand pounds of (mostly) steel. 

7 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Now that Florida has started opening up, folks seem to be REALLY antsy to get out.  I saw a motorist on a two lane road attempt to pass four cars at once and almost T-bone a construction van turning left, and the same guy almost ran four motorcyclists off the road trying to make another illegal pass. 

Please be careful out there and keep your head while others are losing theirs.....

Two almosts?  He’s just practicing.

Well, not long after the second almost, I was passed by an ambulance and two police cars heading in the same direction as this person.  My fear is innocent people may have been harmed by his actions.............

I have encountered knuckleheads on the freeways around here doing well over 100 mph. I guess some folks think it's okay to act like Mario Andretti on the freeways.

Typically traffic here is flowing at 70 to 80 mph with the lighter traffic due to CoVid. These are "normal" speeds in the Fast Lane here if traffic is light. We also have the dipwads that get into the Fast Lanes and do the speed limit...or much less...Grrrrr. These morons and the morons in "Look at my obnoxious a** go fast BMWs" and the like are putting folks in danger. And the CHP is nowhere to be seen, normally.

It's a good idea to keep and eye on our rearview mirrors as well as the road ahead when boneheads are out in force.

Archived