SASS Wire Forum

Full serve gas

Rye Miles #13621

Nor did I have to feed quarters into a thing to get air! It was free, like.....air...

I remember years ago the first time I seen a gas station charge 3 cents for a book of matches.

I thought that was insane.

And now I can't remember the last time I've seen a book of matches.

We’ve got a little station that used to sell to commercial fleets only and then one of the sons took it over, remodeled, replaced and upgraded the tanks and pumps added a convenience store and auto parts and Uhaul and offers full service if there is more than one cashier on duty. I kind of like pumping my own gas and paying the cashier a visit, If you know what I mean.:wub:

Did they make it a “men’s club” too?

Had to go up to Oregon for work a few months back. Didn’t know about the no pumping your own gas thing.  Guy stepped around the side of the pump and pulled my gas cap as I got out of the truck. The ensuing conversation beginning with get away from my vehicle & what the hell do you think you’re doing, was entertaining to say the least. 

I forgot about one full serve gas station here that's a car wash. Whether you get a car wash or not they pump it for you. Theyre' usually 5-10 cents more than everyone else!

Archived