SASS Wire Forum

NRA's Great American Outdoor Show

Black Hills Barb

Misty is bringing SASS to the Great American Outdoor Show again.  We are so excited to be able to help promote CAS by assisting her in "manning" the booth.  Cowboys and cowgirls from many clubs in the east have already signed up to work in the booth.  Having done this each time SASS has sponsored a booth at the show, I can tell you that the interest in CAS is phenomenal.  One thing we hear over and over throughout the day is "I didn't know they had cowboy action shoots here in the east".  That's when we pull out the list of clubs and show them where the SASS affiliated clubs nearest to where they live are located.  If you live within a reasonable commute to the show, you can help out too.  There is a sign up list that I can send you the link to or you can contact Misty for additional information.  If you are going to visit the show, make sure you stop by the SASS booth (booth #350 in the shooting sports hall) and say Howdy.  I'll be there on 2/9!  Opening day of the show is only a month away.  Here's the link to the show information.   https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Here's our family with Misty 2 years ago.  Doc Allan Wood, Black Hills Barb, The Allenwood Kid, Misty Moonshine, Happy Valley Harlot.

Image may contain: 5 people, including Barb Snyder, Matthew Snyder, Misty Miller and Darcy Hvh Snyder, people smiling, people standing

Two years ago was when I talked with the guy wearing the walkers at gaos and decided to check out CASS in WV. Obviously it worked out for me!!! 

Other than it's cost me a fortune...lol...

Welcome!  If you are referring to that tall cowboy in the photo, that's my son.  In fact, that my family.  We got into this as an answer to empty nest syndrome.  Now, post Army, they shoot with us.

The Goldcoast Gunslingers used to do the same thing at the Bass Pro Shop for their annual Hunting Classic every August and yes it did lead to new members for both SASS and our club! 

Let us know if any new toys!

• 5 weeks later...

The show opened yesterday with Misty, Ruby and 10 cowboys and cowgirls working shifts in the booth.  After the snowstorms and brutal cold temps in the past week or so, I'm sure attendance at the show was huge.  Another half dozen or so cowboys and cowgirls will be helping out in the booth again today.  If you get to the show, stop by booth #350 in the shooting sports hall and say howdy.  

I'll be there Tuesday! Bringing a young friend with me that I managed to get involved in wild bunch. I've been pressuring him into CAS but he's not biting... Yet... 

See y'all then!!!

I stopped by the booth with a friend Tuesday. There was a show running on the TV that we had intended on coming back to watch but we had to leave early.

What was that show? He wants to watch it but my feeble brain can't remember what it was.

They run an episode of Shooting USA that features EOT 2013.  We actually joked with Misty that we could turn down the sound and she could deliver the dialog and guess what.....she could!  I guess she's heard it a few times.  :lol:

It was a very good show.  Attendance was high every day.  We worked yesterday and there was non-stop interest the entire time.  Glad you could stop by.

3 hours ago, Sam Masterson SASS#40954 said:

Great to see SASS out there yesterday. It was a long drive back to New Hampshire after the show last night but it was nice to be able to rejoin right there at the show and get some questions answered.

I was the guy who was about 10 years out of date. Nice to meet you all there.

I was there when you stopped by and we sent you directly to Ruby.  On just that one 3 hour shift we had four lapsed cowboys stop by and get the info to get back into the game!

Archived