SASS Wire Forum

Now THAT was a monsoon!

2" of rain in one hour I'm surprised Arizona diden wash right off the map. Wish they would call it something different than monsoon. Unless you got to visit a certain part of S.E. Asia for free at government expense, you will really know what the word monsoon means. Many years ago was in Arizona and everyone was calling "monsoon", "monsoon",  and all I could do was say "where, you're kidding me". 

Smoken D,

When you only get 6"-9" of rain in an average year, 2-1/2" can wash you off the map. Our desert ground gets saturated fast and then runs water in sheets. 3/4" puts my entire place under water with only bushes and trees sticking out. The house is fine though.

Last night the rain and running flood water derailed a UP train not far from here. Monsoon is as monsoon does.

21 hours ago, SASS# 23321 Canelo Kid said:

Smoken D,

When you only get 6"-9" of rain in an average year, 2-1/2" can wash you off the map. Our desert ground gets saturated fast and then runs water in sheets. 3/4" puts my entire place under water with only bushes and trees sticking out. The house is fine though.

Last night the rain and running flood water derailed a UP train not far from here. Monsoon is as monsoon does.

Yep, have family in Carefree and Scottsdale. Been there when those .25" rains hit and amazed at the flooding. I can't imagine 6-9" hitting at once. Why I was surprised Arizona still on the map.

Archived