SASS Wire Forum

Spring Musings

Our Club will be splitting the existing 200yd rifle range into Range 1 and Range 2.   Range 1 will be for 50 and 100 yd shooters;  Range 2 will be for 200 and 300 yds.   the announcement doesn't say anything about the 150;  I'll have to ask about that.

the 300 yds range will be the realization of a long-time hope for many of us !!

( in a "Musings" Thread you can post un-related remarks without getting a 'P' ).

Spring musings from Monument, CO:

Last Friday and Saturday we had snow. Early Sunday morning I had to drive to DIA to catch a flight to Phoenix for business. Plane was delayed getting out of DIA for an hour so arrived in PHX around 1pm and was greeted by 97 degree temp.

All Sunday through Wednesday (yesterday), temps in PHX were mid 90's.

Left PHX a bit after 7pm yesterday, still in the 90's. Arrived at DIA around 10pm, walked out the east terminal to get my truck and was pleasantly greeted with 48 degrees!

Drove home and temp was 39 when I got home.

Now it's snowing again. I love the Rocky Mountains. So much more pleasant than walking on the sun.

7 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Why are you musing about Spring?

Its Autumn going on Winter:P

You Yanks really are crazy:rolleyes:

VM2B3819r6.JPG.668d03ae1caf76204370b47c31aaa356.JPG

we like spring

Negotiations:

I finally obtained an agreement:   I was allowed to move all the iris from the Weed Patch to the flower bed -- a year ago last fall -- and then to return the Weed Patch to the Lawn.    This turned into a Spring Project.    The weeding was a bit on the tough side:   I hadda pull out the saplings using the Jeep.  Then the tiller made the area ready for raking and then grass seeding.

I don't know if this was tougher than settling the DMZ issue but there's always that chance

Archived