SASS Wire Forum

WTB - 12 gauge hammered double long barrel

My old Russian hammered shotgun is getting tired after only 13 years. I have been watching the gun auction sites and most for sale are the coach guns with the 20" barrel. I shoot my IAC 87 with an 18 1/2 barrel but like the longer barrel with a side by. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars for a collector just a true hammered shotgun is what I am looking for. No fake hammered shotguns. Thanks, DC

Just now, Castalia,SASS#18915 said:

Try and find a C Z Hammer Classic. 30 inch barrels with choke tubes. They are about $1000.00 new. Used should be less. Top of the line shotgun.

Thanks for the info. DC

Cimerron has their 1878 in 26" barrels.  Around  $600.  I have one and it doesn't appear to be as heavy as the 20" barrel model. Balance and points well.

20161012_143431_zpsy2185icf.jpg

Cimarron 1878 12 gauge above. Original Colt 1878 10 gauge below.

9 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Cimerron has their 1878 in 26" barrels.  Around  $600.  I have one and it doesn't appear to be as heavy as the 20" barrel model. Balance and points well.

20161012_143431_zpsy2185icf.jpg

Cimarron 1878 12 gauge above. Original Colt 1878 10 gauge below.

Thanks I will check them out. DC

Hey DC:

Kinda Pricey, but I've got a Pioneer double with 2 barrel sets, that I've been meaning to put up for sale.

18-1/2 inch and 24 inch barrel sets.

Made in Poland specifically for CAS

Less than 200 rounds thru it

Info about it -- http://www.pioneer-pac.com/pioneer-shotguns,prp1,8,2

$1500 shipped to your FFL

--Dawg

Read your post.  Looking through my safe I came up with a TOZ 12 ga 28" barrel, bright shiny bores, nice refinished (oil) stock with no cracks.  Real hammers.   Nice bluing with engraved birds on the locks. Nice shotgun.  I bought it from a Pard on the Wire and never shot it.  Don't remember what I paid but I think somewhere around $400.  I will sell it for that plus shipping to your ffl, if'n you are interested.  If not, I'm gonna keep it.  It is a nice shotgun.

MJJ

image.thumb.jpg.f542c985f583c4898eb2c747287cad83.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.02acc5c45657a87cb3f3db49f25d2a43.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.be0f953bd61d74c6c842bf17da847a4b.jpgTOZ was made in Tula USSR, imported by Universal Sporting Goods, Florida.  I took some pictures with my phone this morning and sent them on to Diamond Curley.  After taking photos I realized how nice this shotgun really is.  I remember when I refinished the stock and removed the locks, how they resembled a nicely made percussion lock.  I cleaned and lightly oiled them before I put them back.  Stock is oil stained and rubbed oil finish.  Pictures are upside down, don't know how to fix it.

Archived