SASS Wire Forum

What would you look for in a camper

I hate my 14' Skyline trailer. How do I hate thee, let me count the ways.

1. First, black water capacity is totally inadequate. I must park by an outhouse for annuals.
  2. Second, ditto fresh water. I carry a 35 gallon tank in the back of the truck.
  3. Third, I had plans of using the couch for a bed and leaving the table as a table. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep on a bed that narrow. So the table is my bed, which never gets used as a table. If you are stuck sleeping on either the couch or other cushions, I highly recommend a memory foam pad.
  4. It isn't usable for two people if you like privacy in the john, as the door won't shut if you are on the throne.
  5. Everything is cheap.
  6. I have to take an ice chest as the refrigerator is so small.
  7. To travel, I have to hang my clothes on a wire rack as they fall off the closet rod.
  8. When stopped, the closet is so narrow, the clothes have to hang at an angle.
  9. I have a 1/2 ton Ram. So, I can't tow much more weight. Like others have said get an adequate towing vehicle.

Solution, check that the preceding things are adequate for your needs or tolerable for you.

Cold Iron Charlie has my dream trailer. It is only 16' but really classy, with a slide out and oodles of storage. Here is a link to it.

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Trailer-Hitch-RV-2972454/listing/2017-Lance-Lance-Travel-Trailers-1685-120433587

6 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I hate my 14' Skyline trailer. How do I hate thee, let me count the ways.

1. First, black water capacity is totally inadequate. I must park by an outhouse for annuals.
  2. Second, ditto fresh water. I carry a 35 gallon tank in the back of the truck.
  3. Third, I had plans of using the couch for a bed and leaving the table as a table. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep on a bed that narrow. So the table is my bed, which never gets used as a table. If you are stuck sleeping on either the couch or other cushions, I highly recommend a memory foam pad.
  4. It isn't usable for two people if you like privacy in the john, as the door won't shut if you are on the throne.
  5. Everything is cheap.
  6. I have to take an ice chest as the refrigerator is so small.
  7. To travel, I have to hang my clothes on a wire rack as they fall off the closet rod.
  8. When stopped, the closet is so narrow, the clothes have to hang at an angle.
  9. I have a 1/2 ton Ram. So, I can't tow much more weight. Like others have said get an adequate towing vehicle.

Solution, check that the preceding things are adequate for your needs or tolerable for you.

Cold Iron Charlie has my dream trailer. It is only 16' but really classy, with a slide out and oodles of storage. Here is a link to it.

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Trailer-Hitch-RV-2972454/listing/2017-Lance-Lance-Travel-Trailers-1685-120433587

Allie,

Check with your RV dealers for STAY-PUT clothes hangers. They come 6 to a bundle but they do not come off of a clothes rod. I had the same problem as you until I found these hangers. My Mini Lite 18ft had the same kind of bed in the front as what you're looking at. Making up the bed is a real PITA with where it is.

Thanks Charlie Whiskers!

Cold Iron Charlie had those hangers too. Unfortunately, I have all of those other problems.

I agree about the bed making. I can't get a walk around bed unless I go to a larger trailer. Sixteen foot is pushing the length limit. My table bed has the same issue. I use a cotton covered comforter folded in half for a sheet and summer blanket. I use another comforter for colder weather. Not so tidy; but it works. Theirs looked neat so I mentioned that issue. They use a sleeping bag with a nice coverlet over that.

Solve your problems:    Buy an Airstream Bambi !!!!!!     They come in a couple of different sizes.  Tow so easy you won't know it is back there.  Buy a nice used one a couple of years old.  In trailers like everything else you get what you pay for.  Bambi's are available since many start with one and then move up to a larger trailer.  We have a 2004 Airstream 28ft. and it still looks like new. Stored outside by the shop. Everything still works fine. I used to tow it with my Ford Excursion. Now have a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel. Keep forgetting it is behind me it tows so easy.

On 4/29/2017 at 6:38 PM, Tennessee Stud said:

J. Mark... you are so dam... superficial... gosh... it's actually embarrassin' to read yore sorry stuff...

For me... in the winter-time... a hefty lady with long finger nails... warmth in the winter.

In the summer-time... she can also be hefty... shade.... with long finger nails.

There... that's good...

ts

You know me so well!  :D

Archived