SASS Wire Forum

Found some Thanks to Dawg -WTB - Barrel wedges for Pietta Revolvers without the spring

Out of curiosity may I ask why? The cap and ball wedges all have the spring rivited to the wedge. About the ony wedges you see without the spring are for conversion revolvers and Pietta does not make any of those. The easiest thing to do would to drill out the rivit and remove the spring. But, again, why?

I just picked up a new Uberti 1861 Navy and the spring in the wedge was bent and twisted (bent up and twisted to the side).

It was pretty tough getting out and impossible to get back in.

I filed a slope on to the front of the spring so it was pushed down as it went in and it is all good now.

Out of curiosity may I ask why? The cap and ball wedges all have the spring rivited to the wedge. About the ony wedges you see without the spring are for conversion revolvers and Pietta does not make any of those. The easiest thing to do would to drill out the rivit and remove the spring. But, again, why?

When I shoot my snubbies I liked the plain wedge because they just slide out without the pin catching on the barrel. I have two sets of Uberti conversions and they all have the spring. The first C&B 51's I owned years ago were just the plain wedges but I have not seen them for a long time. I will still shoot the snubbies with the spring wedges if I can't find any plain ones. Thanks for your imput. Have a great Winter Range. I usually visit family in Phoenix at the same time but will miss the shoot this year. I will be back next year and hopefully shoot now that I am retired for the second time for good.

Hey DC:

I found 2.

PM me yer address and I will mail them to you tomorrow

--Dawg

Archived