SASS Wire Forum

For Sale Marlin 1894 Cowboy 20" Octagon 44-40 **TRADED**

Since switching to Classic Cowboy I no longer use my 1894 Marlin Cowboy, so have decided to sell it. This Marlin is a special run for Davidson's less then 400 made. It has a 20" octagon barrel and chambered in 44-40.

The Marlin runs smoothly. Has lighter springs installed for hammer and lever detent. Also has a brass magazine follower and one piece firing pin. A very nice lever wrap is installed.

It does have the usual cart wear and dings... But nothing terrible.

THE BAD: It has laser engraving on buttstock. Says " Major Art Tillery" with and inset Texas Rangers badge.. then below that is says "One Riot.. one ranger"

Asking $1100 shipped

Now : $1000 shipped **2/9/17**

Trades considered:

1860 Henry in 44-40

1866 in 44-40

Possibly others so feel free to drop an offer.

Feel free to email me at majorarttillery@gmail.com for pictures.

I will try to get some posted later.

Although I don't shoot the 44-40, I must say that I think this is a good deal.

I've worked on a couple 44-40's and they are some of the best calibers Marlin's to smooth up, tweak, modify, etc.....

In feeding, that smaller diameter bullet going into that bigger chamber opening is REALLY nice and smooth.

The 1894 Marlins in the 44-40 caliber are awesome.

I don't think a 44-40 shooter is gonna find a better deal than this.

DISCLAIMER: I am not in business with the Major. Just wanted to share my experience about these Marlins.

..........Widder

Thanks for the input Widder I appreciate it. The 44-40 is one of the best cartridges there is in my opinion! Some Trail Boss behind a 165 grn bullet and there is next to no recoil. But load up some 2400 behind a 200grn bullet in the strong Marlin action and you have a great long range round.

Major

I do personally know Major and I know fer a fact he takes care of his firearms. This would certainly be a durn good rifle fer someone.

Thanks for the input Widder I appreciate it. The 44-40 is one of the best cartridges there is in my opinion! Some Trail Boss behind a 165 grn bullet and there is next to no recoil. But load up some 2400 behind a 200grn bullet in the strong Marlin action and you have a great long range round.

Major

You shootin' 165's now in a big bore caliber???

Gamer Gamer Gamer!!!!!!!!!!

;):P:D

If Major Art Tillery likes the gun I sent him, I will be needing a butt stock to fit the 1894CB he is trading me. Part of the deal was, he got to keep his personalized stock, so if you have one laying around, send me a message. Thank you.

Archived