SASS Wire Forum

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

I bought new hammers with lowered spurs for my smokewagons,,,,,

1. both can over rotate the clynders,,, one worse than the other,,, seems like the bolt isn't popping up like it should... what to I need to smoothe out to fix this?

2. my piettas,,, one has to be cocked pretty hard to catch the final cocking position so that the hammer doesn't fall before locking.. do I need to take a lil off of the sear...? two of the chambers are worse that the others...is the hand slightly to tall?

help please....

1. You need to slowly cock the hammer and see when the bolt comes up. It should pop up at the lead-in notch. If it is early or late or mushy you need to describe the problem better.

2. Take a LITTLE material off the lower finger on the hand/pawl. It only takes a stroke or two with a sharp file to make the difference.

Eureka!! talk about coincidence!!! the trigger bolt spring apparently gave up the ghost when I put the new hammers in,,, the bolt was real mushy and then wasn't working at all...I didn't touch it when I did the install, but noticed it was weak and bent it to give more tension,,, a wire spring,,, that's when it gave up completely,, fortunately I had two new flat ones and now they both seem to be 'healed"!!

Thank you Larsen for giving the heads up where to look!!!

the Peitta,,, two slight swipes and it is much better, it may need a third to be near perfect,,, but after shooting today and messing with these for at least two hours I'll leave the Peittas for another day to perfect them,,, think I'll take them tomorrow too tho,,,run some rounds thru them

thanks Larsen and OLG!!

• Like 1

both the smokewagons and Peitta's performed well today... yippee!!!

thanks again!!!!

• Like 1

both the smokewagons and Peitta's performed well today... yippee!!!

thanks again!!!!

Yeah... but Calico Mary says that takin' some "bad SASS advice"... would be that yore a nice guy. Is that true? What did you ever do to her?

Just askin'... don't mean nothin' by it...

Topic over on the Saloon...

ts