SASS Wire Forum

I sure would like to launch some ordnance this morning..

Utah Bob #35998

...and send some pissant Iranian boats to the bottom of the gulf. :angry: :angry:

I'll have to settle for shooting some steel here.

Calm down Bob they and their boats were quickly released with out mistreatment. As much as I would like to see Iran disappear from the face of the earth this time as I understand it our boats were in their waters

If the reports I read are correct one of our boats had problems and was adrift, second boat came to assist. They both drifted onto an Iranian owned island that is loaded with surveillance equipment. If boats from the navy of a not-too-friendly nation ran aground on one of our military reservations we would likely hold the crew for a day or two.

As much as it galls me to say it, Iran seems to have acted properly and well within the bounds of international law.

I disagree. A vessel in distress should be aided. We are not at war with Iran.The crews were disarmed and taken into custody.

article-iran6-0113.jpg

If both vessels were disabled and adrift I'd agree with you, Bob. But one was disabled and one was rendering aid, if the reports are correct. Both, again if the reports are correct, ran aground on what amounts to a secure military base. Both were armed.

What would the US do if roles were reversed? Say two Iranian boats running aground at, oh, Vandenberg?

Archived