SASS Wire Forum

Convention SASS Open Forum

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

I have to give credit where credit is due.

When I re-upped and signed up my wife, Ava Crowder, and my daughter, Magoo, SASS fixed my date and gave me credit through 2017. They caught it on their own without me contacting them directly.

Just wanted to give them credit and say thanks.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to give credit where credit is due.

When I re-upped and signed up my wife, Ava Crowder, and my daughter, Magoo, SASS fixed my date and gave me credit through 2017. They caught it on their own without me contacting them directly.

Just wanted to give them credit and say thanks.

Hi J.W.,

I'm so glad to hear that! I have had the pleasure of meeting all of the office staff (I think). They are all great people and the SASS culture shines through in the way they approach customer service.

Regards,

Allie

Maybe not. My NRA life for $300.00 was just like giving them 10 years advance payment. Probably only live 8 more years! JMHO, Castalia

This whole notion about pro-rating life memberships is about like believing the SSI they take out of your paycheck goes into a Social Security Trust Fund. The money goes into the general fund. What keeps a business afloat is cash flow, monthly/annual cash flow. Not a one time spike in revenue when someone buys a life membership. If everyone currently in SASS converted to life memberships the organization would be bankrupt in short order. In order to stay afloat the life members would have to be replaced by thousands of new annual members.

I'm not interested in seeing guests' communication access to the Wire restricted. And, threatening to kick someone off, paid member or guest, for voicing free opinion is just wrong. Be careful about squashing dissent....there's enough of that going around already. There are very valid questions and now, a distrust regarding the organization that have not been answered or resolved, and cannot even be derived because of a lack of information. Ignoring this simmering discontent will not make it disappear, or "blow over," as some would have us believe. Veiled and overt threats and punitive actions only make it worse. Abusive behavior is one thing, but punishing paid members for not following the party line is another wrong thing altogether.

There are guests whose activity on the Wire make this a better community. Most of them aren't too interested in the community politics anyway, or at least don't verbalize a discontent. I say, and I think most will agree, that they are best just left alone.

Here's something to consider.......if our membership and even some guests, just do not care about the organization and how it treats and perceives them, then we wouldn't be seeing complaints. As for comments from other members attacking "negative" dissent, be careful about piling on with insulting vindictiveness. There may be a rule that covers that behavior, too.

Archived