SASS Wire Forum

Poor Puppy

Alpo

When I first got Worthless, 6158ff95-7671-400a-b604-b25534884f8e_zps back in June of '14, she followed me everywhere. Acted like she had never had a person before, and did not want to lose me. Slept on the floor at my feet. When I'd get up, more often than not I'd step on her, or trip over her.

But - as time went on, she became more comfortable with me. Seemed to know that I was her person, and was not gonna run away. And, often, she would be sleeping by the front door, or over by the coffee table.

I leave the back door open, when it's warm (that would be between the months of February and November), so that she could take care of her little doggie business in the back yard, and not disturb me. And then, when I was ready for bed, I'd shut the door.

The back door is right next to the bathroom (old house - bathroom was an afterthought).

So, couple nights ago, I shut the door around midnight, and go beddie-bye. Five yesterday morning, I get up to go potty. Not tripping over the dog, but I figger she's by the front door, still asleep.

As I finish in the bathroom, I hear some VERY EXCITED whining, behind me, at the back door.

Hmmmm, I think to myself, dog must need to pee bad.

I turn to let her out, and she ain't there.

Then I hear the whining again.

I open the back door, and she comes rushing in.

YOU LEFT ME OUTSIDE!! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?!?!? WHAT DID I DO TO PISS YOU OFF THAT BAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And, since 5 yesterday morning,she's right underfoot again. Ain't gonna let THAT happen again.

Poor Puppy.

What's the difference between a woman and a dog? Lock both in the trunk of your car for an hour and see which one is happy when you let them out. :P

My father built a toy box. Maybe four foot by three foot, by three feet high. And, probably when I was in seventh grade, so my bother was in fourth, some neighbor kid put Tippy in the box and shut the lid.

TippyandRed3.jpg

Tippy's the black one. The tip of his tail was white.

He had a bad habit of, if he could get out the door, going off and exploring. Sometimes for days at a time.

About 3:00 we noticed he was nowhere to be found. The neighbor kid had done gone home by now. We searched the house, and then the neighborhood. No dog. Damn.

About 8:30, and it's getting bedtime, so little brother has to put his toys up. Lifts the lid on that toy box, and that little black dog comes flying out of there.

Been in there six or eight hours. Didn't whine. Didn't bark. Didn't pee or poop. Just waited for someone to let him out.

Archived