SASS Wire Forum

Shiloh Sharps

Major Art Tillery

"An experimental weapon with experimental ammunition. Let's experiment."

I got my Shiloh in 45-110 many years ago. Have loved it ever since!

They are an Awesome rifle! Can't believe what I spent on it, but would do it again in a heartbeat.. ;)

I wipe with Windex Multi-Surface with Vinegar.

Then 2 dry patches.

Make sure your chamber is bone-dry--

OLG

OK I will look for some of that. You make sure chamber is bone dry, thought I read where that helps with case stretching... Correct?

IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!! Friday I got the call after 25 months of waiting my Shiloh Sharps Rifle has finally arrived. I went and picked it up and boy is it a beauty! This is my first Sharps and sure am excited to get to the range and shoot it. Just wanted to share a picture of it with you folks. It will be the pride of my gun collection for sure!

IMG_20150213_154543_zpskrzurlnx.jpg

Major, can you please describe your rifle to me in detail? So when I talk with them, I'll use the correct terminology, ask for the right stuff: sights front and back, size of barrel, wood...all? You've got everything like I'd like it.

Major, can you please describe your rifle to me in detail? So when I talk with them, I'll use the correct terminology, ask for the right stuff: sights front and back, size of barrel, wood...all? You've got everything like I'd like it.

Sent you a PM, with info...

MT has a beautiful rifle but a 34" "heavy" barrel is not what you want for offhand. The military butt stock, while not as bad as a crescent, is also not the best for extended shooting-I'd suggest a shotgun butt stock as have others. Best of luck whatever you settle on!

MT has a beautiful rifle but a 34" "heavy" barrel is not what you want for offhand. The military butt stock, while not as bad as a crescent, is also not the best for extended shooting-I'd suggest a shotgun butt stock as have others. Best of luck whatever you settle on!

I would sure agree with you pard. I like mine, but sure not for everyone. All depends what your plans for it is.

Archived