SASS Wire Forum

Airsoft...

This oughtta make ya feel safe:

Bright Color Airsoft Bill

Where's Nero when ya need 'im. :(

seriously Hardpan I don't have a problem with this one, we just had a 13 year old kid killed last Oct., because the orange tip was gone from the toy gun and a cop shoot him thinking it was real.

Although there is more to the story that is the short answer

Shoer and Joe, both your comments carry weight. And Shoer, the incident in your area was definitely not the first...

I don't know what the answer to this issue is. But if you consider the sponsor, I have a strong feeling that it's little more than yet another publicity grab by this individual. As Joe points out, even if it was well-intentioned (the sponsor will claim that it was, as with his other basketful of anti-"us" bills), it really has little substance. :(

Shoer and Joe, both your comments carry weight. And Shoer, the incident in your area was definitely not the first...

I don't know what the answer to this issue is. But if you consider the sponsor, I have a strong feeling that it's little more than yet another publicity grab by this individual. As Joe points out, even if it was well-intentioned (the sponsor will claim that it was, as with his other basketful of anti-"us" bills), it really has little substance. :(

I was talking with some cops about this back in about 2003 or so. Even back then thugs were painting their guns to look like Airsoft. Not a new issue.

never mind what I was going to say, I agree with both of you

The state assembly has approved legislation that would require imitation airsoft guns to be sold in transparent or bright colors to avoid deadly mix-ups with police officers.

So genuine airsoft guns are OK?

There is no easy answer to this one. The bad guys are smarter than the legislature gives them credit for.

Archived