SASS Wire Forum

You gonna pull thet hogleg or whistle,,,,DRIVEL?!

Just got scores from yesterday's match, I finished 7th overall, not a bad finish. If I could take away my 3 misses it would move me up to 5th or so.

Makes sense that on my two clean stages my rank was 5.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Branch, I am getting better. Yesterdays match is at a range that has targets back a bit farther than normal for around here due to host club rules. I think 3 misses for a match there is about the best I've done.

Branch, I am getting better. Yesterdays match is at a range that has targets back a bit farther than normal for around here due to host club rules. I think 3 misses for a match there is about the best I've done.

I, myself am not that fast.

What I do do is I catch guys who are faster, but have more misses

The don't even see me coming

:ph34r:

Hmmm, don't recall us doing any name calling or back biting or swearing or what not.

Do the reply numbers stay the same so you can see holes, or does it resequence posts after deleted ones?

Branch, I ain't that fast either I think I finished 94th at the state match with 5 misses on the match. Granted there were 165 shooters at state. Only 33 of us yesterday.

I have been trying to speed up, and misses went up, now I am trying to rein in the speed just enough to miss less. Of course talking speed in the same sentence with me is a farce, but it's all relative.

I'm having fun and seeing a little improvement, that's good enough for me.

Looks like they are at least hiding or removing posts with animated emoticons in them.

At the woodworking board I used to hang out at, one of my favorites was a smiley face that would turn around, drop trou, and wiggle butt cheeks at you. :D

Shotgun makeups are a killer

Tell me about it. And now, I actually can feel the stock of the shotgun on my cheek! So that's what they mean talking about cheek weld. Who knew?

Branch, those animated things are against the ALMIGHTY RULES, and heaven forbid that anyone except the chosen few break the ALMIGHTY RULES..... <_<

I swear, ifn' it twernt fer yu fellas in here I'd say ta heck wit tha whole ridiculous thing and spend more time on my sewing..... :wacko:

Branch, those animated things are against the ALMIGHTY RULES, and heaven forbid that anyone except the chosen few break the ALMIGHTY RULES..... <_<

I swear, ifn' it twernt fer yu fellas in here I'd say ta heck wit tha whole ridiculous thing and spend more time on my sewing..... :wacko:

And somehow videos are ok?

Hey, CM...

I looked up the rule. You cannot have an animated gif as an avatar.

Says nothing about it not being in a post.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Acceptable Avatars - The avatar you choose should reflect the nature and/or history of cowboy action shooting and old west as much as your dress/attire at a match. - You may post photos of yourself (in appropriate dress/attire), historic figures of the period, photos of western film stars, or objects of the period. Examples: OK - Photo of you shooting at a CAS match OK - Photo of you in cowboy attire or period costume OK - Photo of Jesse James OK - Photo of John Wayne in cowboy attire OK - Photo of a single action pistol OK - Photo of a cowboy badge OK - Photo of cowboy riding into sunset NOT OK - Photo of you on your Harley Davidson NOT OK - Photo of you in civilian clothes NOT OK - Photo of Harry S. Truman NOT OK - Photo of Tom Sellick in Military Uniform NOT OK - Photo of a 1911 or Glock NOT OK - Photo of your horse or dog NOT OK - Photo of a sunset - Cartoons, illustrations, or animated avatars will be removed. Animated .gif's will be removed on sight. NOT OK - ANY animated image or image that otherwise "moves" NOT OK - LOGOS OF ANY KIND (Including Club Logos) NOT OK - Cartoon of cowboy, horse, gun, etc. NOT OK - Drawing of John Wayne NOT OK - Illustration of Jesse James NOT OK - Illustration of a cowboy badge SASS Wire Avatars should reflect as much on the cowboy action shooting experience as attending a match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice: These guidelines cover the basic rules and practices of the SASS Wire. It goes without saying unique circumstance can and will arise that are not outlined in this guideline that require action by SASS and/or the SASS Wire Moderators. SASS Wire Users are asked to use common sense, decorum and respect for others when participating on the SASS Wire.

And all that said, I was a moderator on a forum with over 170,000 members once.

It sucked, bad.

I'm not going to say I think everything is being handled properly here, but I will say I'm glad it's not me.

Farmer Tom, I'm with you there. Was an officer and forum mod for a national hobby club. Moderating the forum sucked especially since the pres of the club felt like he could do whatever he wanted and tell of anyone at any time. That's when I found the door.

Archived