SASS Wire Forum

1957 Ferrari 650/250 TRC

I love 1960s and early '70's sports cars.

ANY Ferrari, especially the 250 and 500 Testa Rossas in full cry will sure wake up the chickens.

Only two sports racers from that era I like better, a D Type Jag and the pick of the little, a Lotus Eleven Le Mans.

BTW a 2.5 Liter engine is about the same size as the one in the Toyota Tundra pickup, but the Tundra won't turn 200 mph on a long stretch..... and it NO WAY looks as good, nor does it have "The Sound".

My 1962 Austin Healey 3000 straight six was a lot of fun.

But got rid of it because it was accident prone,

I love 1960s and early '70's sports cars.

ANY Ferrari, especially the 250 and 500 Testa Rossas in full cry will sure wake up the chickens.

Only two sports racers from that era I like better, a D Type Jag and the pick of the little, a Lotus Eleven Le Mans.

BTW a 2.5 Liter engine is about the same size as the one in the Toyota Tundra pickup, but the Tundra won't turn 200 mph on a long stretch..... and it NO WAY looks as good, nor does it have "The Sound".

Ain't that the truth!

Had a '60 MGA like that. If you went out in the morning and it started it had to be a accident. :P

Electronics by Lucas, "The prince of darkness!" Inventor of the automatic dimming headlight system, the intermittent windshield wiper, and self canceling turn signal!!!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I had an Austin Healy 100-six; great car with wonderful sound. I also had an MG B with overdrive; I have a lot of first hand knowledge of the "Prince of Darkness", especially one late night on a lonely Mississippi road at 85 MPH in the AH. It gets your attention quickly! Hoss C.

Archived