SASS Wire Forum

EAST COAST POLL: No Surprise

This report is no surprise given where it was taken. If they conducted that same poll fairly taken, where I live and in most other states in "fly over" country, the results would be a polar opposite.

CD

-----------------------

A shocking poll released Tuesday shows overwhelming majorities of people in Virginia, New York and New Jersey support a national gun registry.

The Roanoke/Rutgers-Eagleton/Siena College Study released Tuesday shows that 68 percent of New York voters and a whopping 74 percent of New Jersey voters are in favor of establishing a national gun registry.

SEE ALSO: MILLER: New Jersey bill is outright gun ban on .22-caliber rifles and leads to confiscation

Even in the southern state of Virginia which has gone blue in recent years 63 percent want the federal government to track all guns.

The overwhelming support stands in contrast to the Constitution.

The Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment primarily to prevent government tyranny. If Washington knows the details of every gun owned by an American citizen, then it opens the door to confiscation.

Voters need to get educated on the impact of a federal gun registration on their personal freedoms and our nations future.

Emily Miller is senior editor of opinion for The Washington Times and author of Emily Gets Her Gun (Regnery, 2013).

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

It is also BS if it centers on certain counties and not a whole state.

It is well BS depending upon how it is conducted.

LIke only in front of grocery stores.

Or only via a liberal newspaper ....... if newspapers still exist.

Urban and Rural

etc etc

Oh and then the agenda so the facts and numbers can be interpreted to support the agenda not the numbers telling what they tell.

aka how to cheat and lie with statistics.

You men are exactly right and why I pay zero attention to such polls. Polls these days are intended to shape and make opinion, not gage it.

Dangerous policy. We MUST pay attention to these polls, as they are what gets published for the public to read, and then the mindless sheep put pressure on the capons in office to "Do Something" based on these polls.. We need to study them dissect them, find and expose the built in bias and the manipulation and show the public how flawed they are.

Not by the majority of the men in the east coast states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.

*and now that I think about it neither do the east coast states of N & S Carolina, Georgia, and Florida

How were the questions written? They can write a question, so that no matter how one answers, they get the answer that they are looking for. Got a survey call the other week and all the questions were "rigged". I don't take them , I push a button that isn't being used and they hangup on me. They don't usually call back.

Keep your powder dry.

Shawnee

Those polls are highly biased in the way they word the question, the areas within the state they target and the people they select to ask. Again, they are used to shape opinion rather than gage true opinion. Ergo, I personally put no credence in them..and perhaps I should have used the word "credence" instead of "attention" which would have conveyed a more accurate description of how I look at them.

Far too many years of watching their shinaigans has soured me on such polls.

Those polls are highly biased in the way they word the question, the areas within the state they target and the people they select to ask. Again, they are used to shape opinion rather than gage true opinion. Ergo, I personally put no credence in them..and perhaps I should have used the word "credence" instead of "attention" which would have conveyed a more accurate description of how I look at them.

Far too many years of watching their shinaigans has soured me on such polls.

Exactly. Thanks for the clarification.

How were the questions written? They can write a question, so that no matter how one answers, they get the answer that they are looking for. Got a survey call the other week and all the questions were "rigged". I don't take them , I push a button that isn't being used and they hangup on me. They don't usually call back.

Keep your powder dry.

Shawnee

It is not "can " it is, they DO write the question to get the answers they want

• 2 weeks later...

The actual full file is here: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~redlawsk/EP/Tables2014/RoanokeRutgersSiena030414.pdf

and here: http://siena.edu/SRI

The demographics is important. About 80% of NY residents polled do not have a gun in the home. About 52% of VA residents polled do not have a gun in the home. And, anout 86% of NJ residents polled do not have a gun in the home. So, there is part of the the skew.

When I look at the segmentation of the respondents, all the dimentions were fairly evenly weighted except the gun ownership segmentation. Ergo ... it is a falsified study.

I'll have printed this material and its on my "to-do" list to read and see what else is "funny" in this study tomorrow if I can. The next step would be to request a cross tab Excel file to see how bad the data really is.

Archived