SASS Wire Forum

Happy Happy Happy! Dead laptop alive again!

Well, here I am typing on Lazarus (new name). Some time ago it died, took it to two or three places for repair, all said the motherboard had to be replaced, about $400. :angry: Of course that seemed a bit silly when you can buy a new one for that (guess that's the point). I was really wanting to get it fixed somehow, since I have several gigs of music on it, didn't want to rip all those CD's again, too much time.

Anyway, I got the bright idea that I might could find a refurbished motherboard to have it repaired for some sort of reasonable price. Anyway, I found this outfit in Florida that actually REPAIRS motherboards! You can send in the motherboard for repair for $70 flat rate, whole laptops for $100 plus $20 return shipping. Well, I decided it was worth rolling the dice since I was about to buy a new laptop for Kairos business. Lo and behold, got it back less than 2 weeks later, works like a champ, all my music still intact!

If anyone is in the same situation, PM me and I'll send you their address and phone #. I'm a happy camper! Got it fixed for like $140 shipping and all.

Bottles, a round of drinks on my tab. YEEEHAAAW :D

JHC

Will definitely drop you a line. My MAC decided to take up smoking after I moved last fall. I still rue the day I had to purchase a Windows 8 machine. I really want my MAC back.

Have you run AV checks etc. to make sure everything is OK? Just making sure they're legit and you didn't end up with other issues they now must fix..................

You know that if the hard drive in your "broken at the time" laptop was not fried that you could have just removed it from that laptop and connect it to another computer and get all of your music and other data off that drive.

I'm glad you were able to get it repaired....nothing like an old dependable computer....lol.

Will definitely drop you a line. My MAC decided to take up smoking after I moved last fall. I still rue the day I had to purchase a Windows 8 machine. I really want my MAC back.

Have you run AV checks etc. to make sure everything is OK? Just making sure they're legit and you didn't end up with other issues they now must fix..................

Everything seems OK. No complaints so far. Of course had to run a dozen updates for windows, Adobe, etc. after being dead for a year and a half. Another reason I'm happy, seems like all the new laptops run 8 or Google Chrome. Older is generally better, so I'm glad Lazarus was raised from the dead. :)

I'm still fighting with my old dell inspiron 1525, shuts down once in a while still, can't download all of windows updates, tried Ccleaner, spybot, and others,,,, need to back up the pics too,

if you would, please PM me the info just in case....

thank you

I'm still fighting with my old dell inspiron 1525, shuts down once in a while still, can't download all of windows updates, tried Ccleaner, spybot, and others,,,, need to back up the pics too,

if you would, please PM me the info just in case....

thank you

I'm no computer nerd, but sounds like it may just need a good cleaning. Got Ebola or some such. Anyhoo, I'll PM you the info.

Su amigo,

JHC

Archived