SASS Wire Forum

OFF TOPIC---Century Arms AK's

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

This is my rant for the quarter.

I have found Century Arms will not warrantee their rifles, if they have been out of their warehouse for over 1 year.

That includes new rifles that have been on the dealer's shelves (STILL UNSOLD) for a year+.

I recently sold a new WASR3 in .223 caliber to a customer who reported it would not eject reliably.

In fact it only ejected about 2 in a 50 shot session.

I found it had been built with a rough chamber.

I contacted SOG and Century who said "No, it is over a year old. No warrantee!"

My shop had been closed for 2 years due to my OEF deployment and the rifle was still new stock when sold to a customer.

The rifle is now at a gunsmith getting repaired at MY cost. :angry:

Anyone else get this great customer support?

Merry Christmas,

Mustang Gregg

Gregg

From what I understand they are Good, Very Good, AK's, Uncle Ted Nugent was pitching one on his hunting show last year. That's odd they won't warranty a new gun. Local shop here in KY says nothing but good things.

Carbinecasey

That is a very common complaint on many gun boards ( I have never dealt with them personally). Century Arms is not considered highly by many. I have read a lot of stories about this very thing, mostly involving the Polish 74's they sold. Made with .223 barrels they would keyhole with 5.45x39. owners found the warranty started when the gun left the warehouse, not when purchased, and Century would not fix them.

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Yup, that's what they told me (recently)...."When it leaves their warehouse the one year clock starts ticking."

Dang! If I'd known that then, I wouldn't have bought 20+ of them. :angry: :angry: :angry:

MG

Archived