SASS Wire Forum

Hot DAMN! Madera, CA PD, my hat is off to you!

Subdeacon Joe

Are there cracks in the wall??

Seems that, (as I've often suspected) much of California isn't on board with the draconian, oppressive, left wing gun laws of the state!!

Good for the Madera Police Department and it's leadership!! :FlagAm:

Are there cracks in the wall??

Seems that, (as I've often suspected) much of California isn't on board with the draconian, oppressive, left wing gun laws of the state!!

Good for the Madera Police Department and it's leadership!! :FlagAm:

Once you get out of a few rather smallish areas, CA is either centrist or conservative.

Looking at this climate map:

Climate_Zone_Thumb.jpg

once you get out of the N half of Zone 3 and the area around the junction of 7, 8, and 10, and that bulge in Zone 1, people get reasonable, for the most part. Unfortunately, the bulk of the people live in those first two areas. And districts are gerrymandered all to hell to keep the power structure as it is.

Remember, CA elected Reagan twice as Gov. and went for him twice. Wasn't until '92 that enough liberals from other states had moved here to tilt the balance away from conservatives.

I'm about two miles or so from the Madera city limits, and work there.

Chief Steve Frazier is well liked and respected in the community. And our sheriff, John Anderson, is as good as they come!

I was at a luncheon a few years ago, and a local businessman asked Sheriff Anderson "What's your stand on people getting permits to carry a weapon?"

The Sheriff looked at him and asked "Well, Mr Price, are you a criminal?"

The gentleman stiffened and said "I most certainly am NOT a criminal!" with more than a little indignation in his voice.

At which Anderson smiled, then said "Then come see me!"

He then went on to state that he was "a gun guy," and that by golly the crooks had guns, and he saw no reason the citizenry shouldn't be at least as well armed as the bad guys!

Anderson's also the author of "The Newhall Incident: America's Worst Uniformed Cop Massacre"

Here's a clip of our Sheriff - you can skip to about the 2:00 minute mark, or watch our librarian for the first two minutes. She's pretty sweet, too! :blush:

Archived